Tanzania Field Operations Associate
Location: Iringa, Tanzania
About the job About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
The One Acre Fund Tanzania Program serves over 60,000 farmers across four regions and has goals to grow significantly across the country in the next five years. As the program grows, we are also investing in identifying new ways to provide impact to more Tanzanian farmers. The Operations Lead will be a member of the Field Operations department, which sits at the center of these exciting goals, leading the design of program strategy and innovations, overseeing the operational elements of our field program and managing our growing field team.
You are a collaborative professional who is willing to contribute to a diverse range of projects which span both innovations and operations. You will join an outstanding, mission-driven team, reporting to the Field Operations Department Lead, and will work on the following:
- Operations: Design and manage systems and structures to deliver our core credit program to farmers across Tanzania. For example, overseeing growth of our credit program through expansion and farmer enrollment.
- Innovations: Develop trials to increase scale, impact or improve customer service. For example leading a trial to flexibly sell products to farmers throughout the year on cash.
- People Management: Develop our team through excellent management, coaching, and professional development.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of work experience, preference for experience managing teams
- Project management: Previous experience implementing complex projects to success
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Language: Fluent written and spoken Swahili and English
Due to the ongoing C0v1d-I9 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to C0v1d-I9 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.