Korea Foundation for international healthcare (KOFIH) is a public agency founded in 2006 under the Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea. Based on its vision as a global partner that contributes to the advancement of healthcare, KOFIH has promoted international cooperation and upheld humanitarian values by providing government-level aids for partner countries including Tanzania, people in disaster-stricken areas across the globe, and migrant workers residing in South Korea.
KOFIH Office in Dar es Salaam was
officially opened in 2017 to implement various healthcare projects
although the Cooperation with Tanzania first started in 2009. KOFIH
office in collaboration with Ministry of Health, Community Development,
Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) has dedicated itself to the
improvement of healthcare system and lead major projects such as Health
System Strengthening project through Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal
and Child Health (RMNCH) Promotion in Pwani Province, Hospital
Management Technical Support Program for Muhimbili National
Hospital(MNH) Mloganzila Campus, Dr. LEE Jong-wook Fellowship Program, a
training program for healthcare workers to enhance their capacity which
leads to contribution of achieving sustainable development goals and
also training for biomedical engineers and technician for capacity
enhancement of medical equipment services (CEOMETS).
As KOFIH Office is expanding healthcare support projects including the upcoming Health System position below...
Monitoring and Evaluation Medical Officer / Project Manager
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Medical Officer / Project Manager
Location: Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
Duty station may change once KOFIH branch office starts operating in Dodoma
Position type: Full time
Starting Annual Salary:
Job role: Experienced
Organization type: Government
The general objective of healthcare assistance of KOFIH is to contribute in improved maternal and neonatal health status in target area and enhance the capacity of health service.
The monitoring and evaluation officer will work in collaboration with the MoHCDGEC and Regional Health Management Team (RHMT), Project Management Committee (PMC) and relevant stakeholders and be involved in project planning as per requirement. S/he will advise and coordinate the implementation of the project activities in providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success from start to finish of the project. S/he will be responsible for establishing, modifying and monitoring key performance indicators to report physical progress of the project.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and management of the project in order to achieve targets in accordance with the approved work plan and approved monitoring and evaluation performance framework
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with KOFIH – Tanzania guideline
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to ensure that activities related to the Health system strengthening are implemented and monitored and objectives are implemented as planned
- Establishes/ refines monitoring systems and tools to measure project progress
- Provide guidance and oversight of technical components of the project to ensure implementation that complies with KOFIH work plan, performance, framework, and the budgets.
- Support and conduct onsite field supervisions to ensure the execution of baseline, periodic, and final evaluations to monitor progress of project activities
- Manages all aspects of M&E data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts.
- Foster strong partnership and collaborations with MOHCDGEC, regional and district Local Government Authorities (LGA) and other relevant stakeholders.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs.
M.A degree in Public health, Medicine, social science, community development, statistics, health sciences, evaluation research, Degree in Nurse, or any other related field. Five or more years of working experience in relevant field is preferable. Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures Exceptional English written and Oral communication skills, strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail Ability to work independently, but in a consultative environment with other stuff and supervisor.
Skills and Proficiency
Must be a computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft office package Excellent presentation skills Excellent interpersonal, communication, and coordination skills Reporting, writing, professionalism, accuracy, attention to details, multitask, teamwork, and discretion.
All qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover letter to
Application deadline: 31st December, 2020.
Written exercises interview 2. Oral/ Verbal Interview
Do not attach testimonials, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please fill in the annual salary requirements on the Cover letter.