Finance Controller -Consultant
Role: Financial Controller- Consultant
Seeking a Finance Controller on a short term 3-month contract. The Finance Controller will be tasked with performing key reconciliations such as reconciling transactions across the general ledger and sub-ledgers together with other key accounts. Key responsibilities will include performing forensic research on, and analysis of, the company’s financial data to identify potential fraud and/or business revenue loss.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform ledger subledger reconciliations for all balance sheet items.
- Perform reconciliations for bank & cash balances; debtors; suppliers; inventory and control accounts.
- Generate fixed asset register and fixed asset movement schedule which ties to the General Ledger.
- Generate aged open balance listings for all items in the balance sheet.
- Generate a list of all proposed reconciling journals.
- Perform financial record audits to ensure compliance with IFRS and with the law.
- Ensure all accounting procedures follow IFRS.
- Institute financial controls (including end of day, end of month procedures) that are to ensure integrity of financial data capture and aide in the process for regular reconciliations.
- Analyze financial data and trace discrepancies.
- Review financial documents to identify inaccuracies.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA qualification; MBA/CFA a plus but not required
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and experience with accounting and financial procedures
- Strong investigative and analytical skills; ability to identify errors
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages