Position: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Specification: Start Date, 01 February 2020
The Foundation For Tomorrow (TFFT)– Arusha Office
is a high-energy and fast-growing non-governmental organization that
focuses on addressing vulnerability through education. We offer
individual orphan and vulnerable children the opportunity to succeed
through access to quality schooling, health and psychosocial support,
and life skills programs. Additionally, we work to improve the quality
of instruction and school management to ensure widespread, sustainable
impact through training educators to strive for and attain excellence in
the delivery of basic education. TFFT believes systemic change happens
from the community level and are excited to play a role in transforming
the education landscape in Tanzania.
believes in the power of education and that geography should not
dictate an individual’s potential. TFFT’s strategy for change is
multi-lateral, longitudinal, and individualized. Through its Scholarship
Program, TFFT equips marginalized children in Tanzania with the
education and skills required to reach their potential and have a
positive impact on society. We help our scholars become their personal
best. While TFFT prioritizes the daily needs of its scholars, TFFT
simultaneously works with educators to transform Tanzania’s education
landscape. TFFT’s Teacher Training Program improves the quality of
instruction in primary and secondary schools, while also improving their
resources. We ensure that schools are child-friendly, non-stigmatizing,
gender-sensitive, and supportive of the needs of marginalized children.
TFFT team members constantly examine TFFT’s efforts and generate fresh, innovative ideas with a bold vision to improve Tanzania’s education system and to increase access to quality primary and secondary education. This is an organization that truly places children at its core, holds them in their hearts, and thoughtfully makes every decision with only the child’s’ best interest in mind. The TFFT team is proud to see the exponential growth of the TFFT scholars as a result of thirteen years of TFFT’s programs, guidance, and support.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator is responsible for the organization and coordination of TFFT’s office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The ideal candidate will ensure TFFT’s financial and administrative policies, systems, processes, and procedures are implemented and developed including handling a wide range of administrative tasks. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Country Director. The position is based in Arusha.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the country office adheres to TFFT’s policies, donor, and auditor requirements.
- Implement TFFT’s financial systems, routines, and procedures.
- Management of financial and administration team
- Training of managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports and asset inventory
- Lead on the financial monthly closing of accounting books
- Close monitoring of all levels of expenditure and allocation of expenses to existing projects, providing monthly budget versus actual reports to the Country Director and program staff
- Ensure effective cash flows, preparing forecast of expenditures, and submitting monthly cash requests to Head Office
- Support on the elaboration of budgets for new proposals, ensuring budgeting tools are correctly used, and ensuring support costs are properly budgeted.
- Provide financial verification of purchase and payment requests up to his/her authorization limit including filing and monthly scanning and upload onto our secure organization drive of financial documents
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures in Finance if relevant changes in Operations happen
- Lead on preparation and assistance on internal and or external audits and other financial documentation revision from any external body
- General office maintenance: planning logistics, performing upkeep and leasehold improvements, liaising with building management, manage office orders, maintaining office filing system, and performing upkeep and scheduling regular servicing of office equipment.
- Strong experience (minimum of 5 years) working in a senior finance role in the non-governmental/governmental or business sector
- Degree in Accounting, Business, and Administration or finance-related fields
- Accounting data and administrative management practices and procedures
- The capacity of relationship with different actors (donors, finance and program staff, partners, beneficiaries)
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills including delegate responsibilities
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Problem-solving attitude
- Ability to build/elaborate new budgets, annual financial plans, costs-sharing, etc.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili as working languages
- Must be detail-oriented
Please apply via the email address provided no later than 08th January, 2021. Applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews on a progressive basis.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR.