BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organization having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
We are a
global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes
in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO
in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We
operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position below:
Job Location: DSM, TANZANIA
Job Title: Early Childhood Development and Business Operation Officer
Early Childhood Development and Business Operations Officer is responsible for developing an ECD Social Business based upon BRAC’s existing Play Lab curriculum and using a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model.
- Refining and agreeing on the full ECD social enterprise project work plan and deliverables;
- Ensuring the delivery of all project outputs and activities; delivering them on time and within budget Setting up and running one pilot ECD Social Business based on BRAC’s preliminary business model and dummy testing the provision of technical assistance to ECD providers (with support from BRAC UK and BI) – this will include location selection, limited staff hiring/training, enrolling students, engaging parents, monitoring performance, engaging directly with private ECD providers, and incorporating lessons learned into the development of the final business model;
- Managing an external consultant to conduct a market analysis including mapping ECD service providers, testing 'Hub and Spoke' model assumptions, assessing private-sector demand and willingness to pay for technical/ financial assistance, and working with microfinance to explore loan product suitability and design;
- Evaluating technology options to improve efficiency of Play lab operations;
- Facilitating an in-country business-modelling workshop with BRAC teams;
- Using insights gained from the pilot ECD centre and stakeholder engagement to iterate on the original business model and develop a high standard strategic plan;
- Managing relationships, partnerships and knowledge sharing with staff and key stakeholders;
- Conducting an assessment of regulatory requirements and risks, developing a plan for advocacy, facilitating compliance, and engaging with government stakeholders as needed;
- Facilitating a monthly Technical Advisory Committee with BRAC UK and BI
- Providing effective financial oversight and budget management;
- Delivering quality quarterly reports on progress to BRAC UK and BI;
- Finalizing a final report to Vitol Foundation (the donor for the R & D phase);
- Utilizing the Business Plan to attract additional investment for operations in Tanzania, working with BRAC Tanzania’s General Manager;
- Managing the set up and transition of the Hub and Spoke model into a Social Business
The successful Early Childhood Development and Business Operations Officer will need a range of Early Childhood Development / business / entrepreneurial skills and project management skills. This include:
- Strong English competency;
- Practical skills of managing/operating a successful Early Childhood Development project
- Practical skills of managing/operating a successful Social Business including demonstrated ability to take direct action where necessary;
- Strong understanding of business modeling and very comfortable with numbers and finance;
- Ability to apply creative solutions to refine and improve the business model(s);
- Knowledge of the project life-cycle and a solid knowledge of the components of best practice project management, including resource allocation and mapping, maintaining a log frame, Gantt charts, critical path analysis, risk and resource conflict management and a thorough understanding of project budgets;
- An effective public speaker, able to communicate to external ECD stakeholders and communicate a clear vision to motivate a small team to deliver that vision;
- Excellent, clear and high-quality report writing, with an analytical mind and attention to detail;
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point to capture, report and communicate; complex data and ideas;
- Excellent relationship building & networking skills to create and sustain relevant relationships with external stakeholders and manage knowledge appropriately;
- A dedication to managing details and delivering activities to a high quality on time and on budget;
- Confidence to ask for help from BRAC’s international teams and comfort with assessing mistakes and learning from them;
- Participatory and inclusive skills to work across BRAC’s internal teams;
- Ability to work in a fast and complex environment with stakeholders from multiple cultural backgrounds and with different levels of skills and English language ability;
- Particular in the Tanzanian context the Early Childhood Development and Business Operations Officer must be able to embrace cultural relativism and avoid subjective assessments to remain respectful and mindful of the value all stakeholders have to offer at all times.
- A track record of securing different forms of capital investment such as project funding, social impact investment, debt and equity;
- An understanding of the education sector in Tanzania, and ability to understand ECD from a needs and demand perspective;
- Experience conducting research and/or working closely with research teams and integrating their findings into project design and implementation.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to:
HRD, BRAC Enterprises Tanzania LTD,or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ECD & Business Operation Officer”
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road - Light Industrial Area, Mikocheni
P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam
BRAC in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace.