The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
JOB TITLE: Budget & Programming Officer NOA
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
The Job holder at this level is typically involved in budget and programming activities and analytical work of limited complexity, and support the collation, maintenance, analysis and reporting of information to maximise the effectiveness of services. Job holders will be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To support the delivery of budget and resource analysis and programming activities and/or provide support in Tanzania Country Office, partnering with managers to apply best practice approaches that support the efficient, effective and compliant utilisation of funds.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with wider budget programming policies and WFP standards.
2. Create and review limited number of project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and providing financial analysis and advice to optimise resources.
3. Support monitoring of fund utilisation, and advance financing, loan and borrowing/repayment and refinancing arrangements; and alert supervisors to approaching deadlines for unassigned funds and potential resource shortfalls/surpluses.
4. Monitor actions related to project closure and resource transfer and refer potential issues to the supervisors.
5. Support senior colleagues in monitoring the resource pipeline to maximise operational effectiveness, following standards and processes, and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
6. Support the preparation of food-demand plans to support management and usage of corporate Global Commodity Financial Facility and provide information to guide RB/HQ decision-making when multiple projects compete for the same stock.
7. Create and review budget and project documentation, and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures.
8. Collate and analyse data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to senior management and external stakeholders.
9. Contribute ideas to senior officers for improvement to systems, techniques, tools, processes and procedures to better monitor and manage budgets and funds.
10. Support the capacity building of WFP staff in budgeting, fund management and operational planning through answering queries and contributing to updating training materials, manuals and guidelines.
11. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices and contribute to technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of financial risks.
12. Other as required.
● Education: Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
● Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
● National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
● Has performed basic financial analysis or either office or operational budgets.
● Has provided analytical inputs for the development of budgets, financial plans or analysis.
If you want to apply for this job, click below:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Terms and conditions only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications deadline for application is 30th november 2020.