Consultant on the documenting of an agroecology baseline context in
Tanzania using Tool for Agroecology Performance Evaluation (TAPE)
Organizational Unit: FRURT
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of
Duration: 17 days
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all. At present, FAO is supporting a number of interventions related to Agriculture (crop, Livestock, Fisheries, Forestry development and Food Security And Nutrition. FAO is seeking suitably qualified and experienced consultants to support the development of an agroecology baseline context in Tanzania using Tool for Agroecology Performance Evaluation (TAPE).
The National Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, and the direct supervision and guidance of the Assistant FAO Representative - Programme and technical supervision of the FAO agrometeorologist and agroecology focal person from the Country Office and the FAO Sub-regional Office for Southern Africa as well as technical backstopping from the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) and Headquarters
Under the responsibility/supervision of the National Project Coordinator (NPC) and in close collaboration with the Senior national Consultant and other national consultants, the consultant’s principal task will be to support the FAO country office in the development of an agroecology baseline context in Tanzania using FAO’s Tool for Agroecology Performance Evaluation (TAPE) to support the generation of evidence for increased agroecological transition in Tanzania.
- Develop an agroecological baseline context using the Tool for Agroecology Performance Evaluation.
- Describe enabling (or disabling) environments for agroecological transitions.
- Review institutional and legal frameworks, marketing structures for various types of products, socio-cultural, environmental, and/or historical drivers in supporting agroecological transitions.
- Identify existing constraints such as access to natural resources (land and water in particular) or capital, the impact of climate change and the existence (or not) of adequate policies to address these constraints towards agroecological transitions;
- Conduct semi-structured consultations with key informants with relevant contributions or initiatives to enquire about the status and future prospects of agroecological transitions in Tanzania.
- Analyze and interpret the information and summarize/analyze it in a report
- Have a Masters-level university degree in Agroecology, Agro-Environmental Management, Agronomy, Natural Resources Management, Agriculture or related field;
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in agro-environmental management, and sound knowledge of agricultural policy and production in Tanzania.
- Candidates should be Tanzanian;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Be able to draft reports clearly, concisely, and good oral and written communication skills be able to work in Kiswahili and English
- Experience in publishing or writing clear and concise scientific papers, policy papers, and plans
- Excellent computer skills.
- Extent and relevance of work experience;
- Excellent communication skills.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Job Posting: 23/Oct/2020
Closure Date: 09/Nov/2020, 1:59:00 AM
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!