Regional Finance and Administration Manager for East and Southern Africa
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Crossroads international is an international cooperation organization that works to reduce poverty and promote the rights of women and girls around the world. Supported each year by volunteers, Crossroads International works in partnership with local organizations in 9 countries, in order to make use of the skills, expertise and resources, from the North and the South, required to enable populations to overcome poverty and defend their rights.
Crossroads International has been working in Tanzania since 2015. To meet the needs of a growing programming, Crossroads is opening its Regional Office for East and Southern Africa in Tanzania by November 2020. Crossroads’ projects in Tanzania and in the East and Southern Africa sub-region are in the field of agricultural production, the transformation of local products, women economic empowerment, sexual and reproductive health and related rights of adolescent girls, reduction of gender-based violence, the rights of women and girls, the fight against early marriage and the leadership of women and young people.
Crossroads’ work with its partners in East and Southern Africa (Tanzania, Ethiopia, Uganda, Zambia and Eswatini) aligns with the priorities of Global Affairs Canada and governments in their poverty reduction strategies, promoting the rights of women and girls and improving the living conditions of vulnerable populations. Crossroads International is a registered charity with financial support from Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other public and non-government funders, and numerous private donors around the world.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled To know more about Crossroads, please visit our website https://cintl.org/
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Language Skills: English and Swahili (French – added advantage)
Supervisor: Regional Representative – East and Southern Africa
Status: Local Staff
Duration: 1 year – renewable
Start Date: November 2020
Application deadline: October 30. 2020
Under the supervision of the Crossroads International Regional Representative for East and Southern Africa, the Finance and Administrative Manager will have the main missions of ensuring the application of administrative and legal procedures, ensuring the management and financial monitoring of the regional office and projects in all of Crossroads’ countries of intervention in East Africa (Tanzania, Ethiopia, Uganda, Zambia and Eswatini), to ensure the internal control of the office and of Crossroads International projects in the East African sub-region, to ensure the financial reporting of the office and the various projects and to manage and coordinate the work of the administrative and financial team of Crossroads International at the East and Southern Africa regional office based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• Be an integral part of the team of the regional office of Crossroads International in Tanzania.
• Contribute to all goals and objectives of the organization as part of strategic and operational plans.
• Work closely with members of the national and regional program teams and those of finance and administration in Canada to achieve organizational objectives defined in strategic and operational plans.
• Work in collaboration with staff members of the Crossroads International regional office in Tanzania to provide information, tools and technical support relevant to administration and finance.
• Provide financial leadership to the regional office finance and administrative team and be a trusted financial advisor to the East Africa regional representative.
• Ensure that all areas of responsibility are exercised in accordance with the mission, values, policies and procedures, standards and systems of Crossroads International
1.Financial management of the regional office (40%)
• Ensure the sound financial management of the regional office (cash management and bank accounts) under the supervision of the East and Southern Africa Regional Representative and in collaboration with the finance team in Canada.
• Ensure the coordination and regulation of accounting at the regional level (in each of Crossroads’ countries of intervention in East and Southern Africa);
• Coordinate and produce timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports specific to the regional office, each donor and each project, under the supervision of the Regional Representative and with the support of the administrative and financial assistant;
• Put in place budget monitoring and control tools;
• Ensure the implementation of the appropriate accounting and control systems, in accordance with Canadian accounting standards and the guidelines of the various donors on eligible costs;
• Support the improvement of regional office financial management procedures (standards and procedures) under the supervision of the regional representative;
• Monitor the application of the organization's financial management procedures;
• Monitor cash flow and daily operations in the various countries where Crossroads operates in West Africa;
• Supervise the daily operations of the administrative and financial team of the regional office;
• Ensure financial integrity and maintain internal controls (in all of Crossroads’ countries of operation in East and Southern Africa) for the regional office's accounting and ledger keeping;
• Control actual expenditure against budgeted expenditure and analysis of variance against the previous year;
• Analyze the gaps and propose solutions for budget rebalancing; Anticipate financial risks: Alert the regional team in the event of budget over / under consumption;
• Manage annual and quarterly budget planning, as well as quarterly fund transfer requests and monthly reconciliations of the regional office as well as in other countries in East and Southern Africa;
• Manage the petty cash of the regional office and ensure the monitoring and control of the management of the petty cash of other countries of the East and Southern African sub-region;
• Ensure regular communication and collaboration with the regional office team including volunteers working in other countries in the sub-region and with the finance department of Crossroads in Canada;
• Monitor all expenses and ensure that they are properly documented and authorized in the accounting software, completely and accurately.
• Actively participate in the annual audit and the audits of the external auditors when necessary and in a timely manner;
• Ensure compliance with accounting, administrative and regulatory obligations;
• Continuously meet the financial data production needs of the Regional Directorate and the head office in Canada.
2. Administrative and legal management (25%)
• Ensure the proper implementation of procedures.
• Ensure the application of procedures and their updating.
• Monitor the financial and legal aspects of contracts with partners;
• Managed the benefits program for the East and Southern Africa regional office.
• Train new employees on administrative, financial and legal procedures.
• Ensure the proper processing, control and monitoring of monthly, quarterly and annual contributions / declarations;
• Establish payroll in compliance with fiscal, social and contractual legislation in collaboration with the Regional Representative;
• Ensure the purchase of goods and services and manage logistics, in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
3. Management control of projects carried out with local partners (20%)
• Contribute to the development of project budgets;
• Receive financial reports from partners;
• If necessary, support partners in the financial management of joint projects;
• Prepare and monitor financial audit review files;
• Check expenses on the basis of supporting documents;
• Monitor the budget execution of projects, optimize budget execution and expenditure forecasts;
• Participate in project reviews: synthetic preparation of a statement of expenditure;
• Monitor and control the Times Sheets;
• Establish internal control procedures;
• Unannounced and periodic control of the funds in compliance with the procedures.
4. Management of the administrative and financial team (10%)
• Manage and coordinate the work of the administrative and financial team;
• Train administrative, financial and operational teams in donor procedures and rules;
• Organize and carry out annual evaluations of the administrative and financial team;
• Participate in capacity building and skills development of the administrative and financial team.
5. Others (5%):
• Create synergies and promote the sharing of knowledge and practices between the countries in which Crossroads operates;
• Assume all other responsibilities inherent in Crossroads's East and Southern Africa regional office;
• Act as an Advisor in Administration and Finance for the East and Southern Africa regional office of Crossroads.
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, project management, administration); CPA or ACCA Qualification -added advantage
• Experience of at least five (5) years, including three (3) years in a similar function, at the regional level;
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex financial matters;
• Proficiency in technologies, including SharePoint, Microsoft Office suite and financial systems;
• Demonstrated skills in financial management of projects;
• Experience in managing development projects funded by Global Affairs Canada is an asset;
• Be responsible, autonomous in work and know how to work under pressure;
• Have good managerial skills;
• Organizational and planning skills;
• Spirit of initiative, force of proposal, versatility, rigor and responsiveness.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing procedures and standards;
• Be bilingual French / English.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Great mastery of financial tools;
• Sense of organization and spirit of initiative; ability to manage deadlines effectively to meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team across multiple geographic locations;
• Ability to effectively communicate information on budgets, policies and procedures, orally and in writing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Respect for the confidentiality of information;
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in French;
• A good command of English.
• Commitment to growth and development;
• Commitment to inclusion, equality, diversity and empowerment;
• Commitment to the rights of women and girls;
• Innovation, creativity, collaboration;
• Resourcefulness, organization, ability to manage time effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Be able to work autonomously and collaborate effectively within a team on several geographical sites;
• Ability to adapt and tolerance to uncertain situations;
• Be customer and service oriented.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing international development organization, please send your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter in one document (Word or PDF), by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “RFA” in the subject line of the email, before Friday October 30, 2020, at 12 p.m. EAT.
Crossroads International subscribes to the principles of equity and accessibility in employment.
We encourage members of various groups to apply. Female candidates are welcome. People who apply must be authorized to work in Tanzania. We thank in advance all those who apply. We will only communicate with those called for an interview.