Network and Technology Infrastructure Manager Jobs
OverviewAccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KfW, African Development Bank, and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
AccessBank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career
development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated
professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we
are looking forward to recruiting self-motivated and enthusiastic
individual to join our IT Department as a Network and Technology Infrastructure Manager.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Job PurposeThe Network and Technology Infrastructure Manager is responsible to oversee the day to day operational activities of all the AccessBank Tanzania Network and its correspondents. NTIM is responsible for planning, designing, and maintaining the ABT Network with accordance to the banks need and growth in Technology, the NTIM is also responsible for heading/leading the Network Team towards different Network activities within and outside the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning for new integrations/installations and configuration and maintenance of network devices
- Maintain access privileges and account groups as directed by IT and Network Policy
- Ensure systems and network uptime and daily checks on the branch server(s) availability
- Strict management of IT vendors to deliver as per promised timelines and constant follow up with vendors on pending items ordered.
- Making proper follow-ups with the service providers to ensure timely delivery of services and whenever there is downtime to ensure fast restore and RCA/RFO is shared. o Daily visual inspection of the Infrastructure installed in the Datacentre o Report and document any incidences that occur at Primary and DR Site.
- Ensure all installed Infrastructure equipment are correctly labelled and documented o Ensure cables are properly connected and safely installed
- Ensure HA of all equipment at the DR site and actively participate in planning and implementing DR plan & configure Network Devices as required for the DR site
- Ensure documentation on the DR site is done and readily available to team members when required o Provide assistance to users when required and educate users on issues repeatedly faced o Document issues affecting users caused by poor Network performance o Be a team player and contribute technically to increase department knowledge and efficiency o Share knowledge & experience with fellow team members and learn from other team members
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
- Degree or postgraduate diploma in Information Technology or Business Information Technology or any other comparable qualification
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an operational IT role as a Network administrator o Knowledge and experience with networking environments, including LAN and WAN environments, use and management of firewalls, VPN, and dial-up and/or remote users
- Knowledge and experience with installing and configuring Cisco network equipment in multiprotocol internetworks using LAN and WAN interfaces and implementing cisco specific technologies including access-control lists, VLANS and policy routing
- Knowledge and experience with network management software for monitoring complex networks o At least 3 years’ experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs, support of file and print services, DNS, Domain Controller replication, and OU management.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Required), CCNP will be added advantage.
- Evidence of sound experience in;
- Network administration (up-to-date Cisco router hardware, operation system IOS, network connections), patch management, scripting, access control lists, port security
- Configuration of firewall, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP, and IT security tools and methods of as VPN and SSH
- Backup and recovery procedures for routers, switches, and firewalls o Disciplined approach towards daily operations and documentation, problem-solving, analytical and process-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English o Ability to take responsibility, work on own initiative
- Willingness to travel to bank branches throughout the country for installation and administration of network devices.
Desired experience and knowledge
- IT Project work centered around Network Infrastructure implementation
- Selecting providers and negotiating contracts
- Openness to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Effective leadership of employees and providers
- Anticipate and prevent unplanned downtimes of the systems and infrastructure by proactive actions
- Maintain IT Security standards as defined by Internal Policies and Regulators/Authorities.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
Applications can be made through email@example.com or Human Resources Department, Head Office, Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho village, Derm House P.O BOX 95068 DSM. DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter and CV to HR Department not later than 28th September 2020.
AccessBank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer