About the Client:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Our Client is a large international aid organization. It operates in 26 countries, where the needs are most dire. It works with the poorest people,
regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Its work is based on rights, which means that Its operations are
guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
- The Agriculture Extension Officers will oversee the implementation of the project innovative extension model aimed at stimulating the traditional poor farmers to become innovative farmers, working with them to improve maize productivity and creating with them a ‘direct maize market’ with improved terms of trade.
- They will implement all field-level activities related to the production, post-harvest handling, and value addition and marketing, for the targeted smallholder maize farmers in accordance with the approved FSL proposal, budget and timelines.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,416+ POSTS)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Agriculture Extension
Officers will perform the following duties:
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets;
- Provide technical advice to maize smallholder farmers on how to adopt best farming practices.
- Provide technical backstopping to the targeted maize farmers through regular On-farm support visits, conducting Farmer Field Days and establishment of demonstrations / centres of excellence;
- Provide technical advice on design elements to strengthen the Community-based Agricultural Extension System through the novel Agricultural
- Enterprise Agents (AEAs) approach.
- Provide training, mentorship and coaching of AEAs in maize value chain development approach.
- Supervise the AEAs and ensure effective implementation of project community-based extension activities.
- Establish a system to monitor and evaluate project activities, collect and update accurate and timely FSL related research data on an on-going basis.
- Maintain networks of collaboration with technical specialists, district Agricultural Office to gather information and promote awareness of technical issues to improve extension systems and advisory services.
- Support the development of partnerships with the district, private sector, NGOs, CBOS and other stakeholders involved in the area of the maize value chains / agriculture.
- Compile farmer profiles include training needs, output and any data needs as might be required
- Participate in stakeholder dialogue and consultation meetings with project communities
- Support the development of increased market linkages for the FSL targeted smallholder farmers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The applicants should hold a University Degrees in Extension, Agriculture Sciences, Rural Development, or related fields. Additional training in Value Chain governance will be an added advantage
- At least One year of relevant experience in planning and implementation of agricultural extension projects in rural development context.
- A deep understanding of the M4P Approach and value chain governance.
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili
- Experience in rural agricultural extension with poor smallholder farms
- Good knowledge of project planning and management.
- Computer literacy i.e. Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and a possession of a valid riding permit
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,416+ POSTS)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 2 nd. August 2020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.