Human Resources Manager
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions
Position Title: Human Resources Manager
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Reports to: Senior HR Manager Position
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for managing the recruitment and hiring process of new THPS staff and consultants, staff orientation with other departments and assessing staff training and professional development needs. S/He will also handle employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training and oversee staff performance appraisals. S/He will work under supervision of Senior HR Manager to ensure accurate and timely documentation of employees’ level of efforts. The position requires travel t fled officers of at least 15%.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support to technical and administrative team throughout the recruitment and hiring process for THPS staff and consultants
- Orients new staff and short-term consultants on THPS, human resources processes, to be fully engaged in staff trainings/ interviewing and staff performance evaluation systems
- Ensures that all personnel file is good in order with complete employment records and ensure they are updated accordingly when changes happen.
- Manage monthly staff time sheet processing and follow up with correct billing processes
- Use the current HR system to manage staff leave tracker and medical tracker
- Act as a bridge between the staff health insurance company and THPS
- I Together with the Senior HR Manager, assess staff training/development needs and recommend appropriate training options
- Manage monthly payroll.
- Processing new staff re allocation to the new regions, and other staff movement among the regions and THPS headquarters.
- Attend different HR forums and update THPS HR practices accordingly
- Oversee the orientation of THPS new hired staff.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,416+ POSTS)
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Masters Degree in the same field.
- I Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with reputable national organizations
- Good knowledge of the Tanzania labor laws
- Good computer skills particularly use of Human Resources Information systems spread sheet, power point and word processing.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
- Be of high integrity and able to maintain confidentiality
- Proven record to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines
- Self —motivation and good people management attributes
- Reading, written, and verbal fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to (email@example.com) by 15 August, 2020 with a subject line of ‘THPS Human Resources Manager’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability arc encouraged to apply.