BACKGROUNDUNDP is the UN’s global development network whose focus is to help countries build and share solutions to the challenges of sustainable development as informed by the 2030 sustainable development agenda. The overall focus for UNDP Tanzania is to support the Government of Tanzania to improve lives of the people through strategic programmatic areas of inclusive democratic governance, inclusive economic growth and sustainable livelihoods and environment sustainability, climate change and resilience.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision
of the communication and partnership analyst and specific
guidance/request from pillar heads, the communication intern will
support the implementation of the Partnership and Communication Action
Plan (PCAP). The PCAP aims to increase UNDP Tanzania’s visibility,
market successful projects, document success stories and best practices,
improve internal communication and strengthen media relations to keep
the public and stakeholders (including government, civil society, other
UN agencies, private sector, development partners) informed about UNDP
TZ development role and activities. Communication is central for UNDP CO
to effectively carry out its duties with and among its stakeholders.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESUnder the direct supervision of the UNDP Communications and Partnership Analyst the intern will be responsible for the following.
- Undertaking media monitoring on UNDP related issues, including in creating an updated media and partners contact list
- Support CO communication work including implementation of the UN communications strategy and UNDP’s PCAP; creating public awareness on the effectiveness and impact of the UNDP’s work in Tanzania; maintenance and updating of the UNDP website and social media pages, preparation of press releases, media advisories, talking points, speeches, web content, articles and general correspondence, among others.
- Assist the programme team in the organization of key events and communication opportunities, such as major conferences, workshops, discussions and report launches. Including graphic designing of reports, infographics, case studies.
- Analytics compiling and reporting, including creating a knowledge repository of communication and partnership related aspects for the programme and operation.
- Research and monitor relevant websites and social media channels as needed to feed content into the work of the Country Office.
- To undertake other assignments as may be decided from time to time by the supervisors.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,316+ POSTS)
COMPETENCIESTo be considered for the position, individuals are required to meet the following criteria:
- An organized and systematic approach to his/her work.
- Ability to quickly read and summarize text.
- Ability to multitask and work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate activities.
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.; (Experience using Adobe Suite for design purposes, specifically Photoshop and InDesign, in addition to other Adobe applications is an added advantage)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to learn from others and work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN’s work in Tanzania is an advantage
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEEducation:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); in the fields of Knowledge Management, Information Management, Communications, or any other field in the social sciences;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literate in standard software applications, e.g. Microsoft Offices, Web Browsers, etc.
- Ability to use social media applications, e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Canva, Hootsuite
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the work of the UN.
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- UNDP Tanzania interns receives a monthly stipend of TShs. 388,000/ only.
- The student, will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), accommodation, etc.
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,316+ POSTS)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Closing Date: 2020-07-23
CLICK HERE TO APPLY