Associate Director, Evaluation and Research
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Job Title: Associate Director, Evaluation and Research
Immediate Supervisor: Country Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job grade: 8
The Associate Director, Evaluation and Research (ADER), supervised by the Country Director, will lead lead and manage the EGPAF/Tanzania’s portfolio of research and evaluation activities including the generation of proposals and other requests for funding related to HIV clinical, implementation, or program effectiveness research.
Working in close coordination with the Technical and Strategic Information (SI) teams, the ADER will directly contribute to generation of a strong evidence base to improve the effective delivery of quality programs to further the mission of EGPAF/Tanzania, improving the lives people and communities infected and affected by HIV in Tanzania and beyond.
The ADER will develop evaluation concepts, proposals and protocols with the aim of identifying improved technical assistance approaches, service delivery models and/or patient outcomes. Working closely with technical program team members, the ADER will support EGPAF staff to conduct internal program optimization evaluations.
The ADER will lead EGPAF contributions to, and facilitation of analytic collaboration with the Government of Tanzania (GoT), developing concepts and analysis plans, building capacity through collaboration with GoT counterparts, and leading or facilitating the data analysis and dissemination of findings locally and internationally (meetings, abstracts, manuscripts).
The ADER will contribute to building capacity of EGPAF technical and SIE team members in higher level data analytics, and data interpretation. The ADER will provide guidance in evaluation design, specifically with regard to sampling, tool development, data capture systems, and validation/cleaning of evaluation datasets. He/she will also serve as Principal or co-Investigator on selected protocols. The ADER must be able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team within and outside of EGPAF (particularly with GoT counterparts).
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of operations research protocols, including:
- Research conceptualization and study design
- Writing/amending protocols and managing IRB approval processes
- Tracking study participation (human subjects’ recruitment, follow-up, withdrawals, etc.)
- Managing budgets
- Interpreting and disseminate study findings
- Abstract and manuscript writing
- Direct and oversee research regulatory compliance (human subjects training, regulatory files, protocol approvals/progress/closure, document/data storage, etc.), l iaising with the EGPAF global regulatory officer to ensure all human subjects’ research protections are in place and all protocols undergo appropriate sponsor, U.S. and Tanzania IRB review and approval
- Work closely with appropriate technical staff at GoT and EGPAF to develop analytic concept notes under the “Reaching 90-90-90” Patient and Program Outcomes Protocol (PPOP).
- Lead EGPAF’s program optimization approach (POA) capacity building within and outside of the evaluation/research unit, engaging technical staff at all levels in planning and executing structured data-driven internal program evaluations.
- Monitor and support POA implementation, data analysis and dissemination of findings.
- Contribute to EGPAF technical team member capacity in using data to describe program outputs and outcomes, and critically interpret program associations.
- Lead in preparation of study reports, abstracts and manuscripts and dissemination of results at district, national, and international levels
- Collaborate with the global Research team and research teams across EGPAF programs to leverage global expertise, share experiences, and facilitate multi-country research activities
- Work with CD to ensure research is well resourced and support solicitation of new funding for Foundation priority research areas
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- MD, PhD or similar advanced degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in health research in developing countries, including protocol development, design of surveys, data collection, data analysis, and scientific writing
- Experience in scientific writing including presentations in local and international conferences
- Strong mentorship skills in research and evaluation including grant and proposal writing, data analysis and scientific writing
- Strong evidence in managing and conducting research and dissemination of research products through publication in local and international peer reviewed journals
- Experience with soliciting research approvals from local and national review bodies
- Knowledge of protection of human subjects in research and ethics regulations to ensure compliance with all local and international requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV services, PMTCT, MCH, pediatric and adult HIV care and treatment
- Evidence of independent completion of complex data analyses using a common statistical package (STATA, SAS, SPSS, R) – published manuscripts, master’s dissertation, project reports, etc.
- Proficiency in data capture and data management, using Microsoft Access, Epi-Info, Kobo, ODK, etc
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, take initiative and follow-through
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and build partnerships and consensus, within teams, governmental agencies and with other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
- Conducts work and him/herself with Integrity, commitment and respect for others
- EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: June 26, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Senior Compliance Officer
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Senior Compliance Officer.
Job Title : Senior Compliance Officer
Location : Dar es salaam
Reporting to : Finance, Audit and Risk Committee of the Board
Purpose of the post
Provide the organization with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance. To examine and improve operating practices, financial and risk management processes of the organization.
- Check the compliance to US Government regulations, organization policies & Procedures
- Examine and consider the adequacy of Internal controls throughout the accounting cycle
- Evaluate and check the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information;
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of AGPAHI’s operations at all levels
- Review the information systems environment and government statutes;
- Review, appraise and report on:
- Adequacy and proper application of controls while considering exposure to fraud or /and irregularities
- The extent of compliance, relevance and financial effect of policies, plans and procedures.
- Economy, efficiency and effective use of resources
- The safeguarding of assets;
- Report on any serious weakness, significant fraud or major accounting breakdown.
- Evaluate the achievement of established operational goals and objectives;
- Check on reliability, usefulness and integrity of performance information.
- Follow up on implementation of External Audit recommendations and the Internal Auditors’ recommendations.
- Recommend improvements to systems and procedures;
- Ensure organization compliance to Donor reporting as stipulated in the Award and rules and regulations
- In collaboration with PMU unit asses the organization Performance to Donor’s targets and overall organization KPIs
- Follow up on implementation of Risk Register and report any new identified risks and identify potential risks of non-compliance by AGPAHI
- regular basis recommend improvements in AGPAHI operations based on identified risks
- Develop a training plan to educate employees on compliance issues to improve their understanding of the terms and conditions of the Award by providing donor compliance advice and training so that programs are delivered responsibly with minimized compliance risk.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations in non-compliance cases.
- Maintain legal, financial and regulatory knowledge and update compliance register of AGPAHI.
- Review and follow up on updating of internal policies on compliance matters.
- Prepare and file required official documents in compliance matters.
- A university degree finance, accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ proven experience in compliance/internal or external audit officer role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in risk management
- Previous experience providing compliance training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience working with a variety of USG agencies such as USAID, CDC, etc;
- Project Management experience
Interested candidates should submit internal recruitment form and CV (not exceeding four pages) before close of the business on Tuesday 30th June, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer.