The Mtwara Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA) is a legally established entity responsible for overall operations and management of Water Supply and Sanitation Services in Mtwara Municipality.
The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent Water Supply and Sanitation Services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Mtwara Municipal. In order to attain its vision and mission, MTUWASA is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanian to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position holder required to run the Authority in the highest professional standards and practise so as to attain the envisaged vision “To be the leading Water Utility in the provision of efficient and sustainable water supply and sanitation services in Tanzania.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Chief Executive Officer of MTUWASA.
- Planning, co-coordinating, directing, managing, and controlling the Authority’s activities of providing continuous supply of clean, safe and adequate water for domestic, commercial, industrial and related purposes and efficient removal and hygienic disposal and treatment of waste water.
- Ensuring effective overall management and supervision of all the Authority’s activities so as to conform to the policy guidelines laid down by the Ministry of Water, the Board of Directors and all relevant legal requirements.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of new water supply and sewerage projects. Directs the formulation of policy proposals for consideration by the Board in relation to physical and financial functions of the Authority.
- Interprets policies laid down by the Board and issues, internal regulations and procedural instructions thereof.
- Prepares annual budgets for the Authority and submits them to the Board for approval. Reviews regularly, actual performance against plans and budgets and submits reports to the Board detailing performance with recommendations for actions necessary to correct adverse variance.
- Ensure that Authority’s activities are environmentally friendly and conform to the rules.
- Acts as the final authority for management decisions within the Authority, safeguards the Authority’s financial position and ensures that it discharges its financial obligations.
- Ensures all Authority’s financial transactions are authorized and controlled in accordance with the agreed procedures and those proper systems of internal controls are maintained.
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and Ministry of Water.
- Holder of a degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Minimum of five (5) years working experience in Managerial position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to absorb managerial pressure
- Excellent ability to handle diverse human resources
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under pressure and produce the require deliverables
- Possession of high level of initiative, integrity enthusiasm, accountability and creativity.
The above vacancy carry an attractive salary and package including housing and transport in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in specific vacant post and MTUWASA Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
- All applicants must be Citizen of Tanzania and not less than 35 years old.
- Applicants must attach an up – to – date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address and email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates Form IV and Form VI National Certificates, Professional certificates from respective boards.
- Form IV and Form VI Results Slips are strictly not accepted.
- Testimonials, partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.”
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies of academic certificates and applicant’s birth certificate.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be addressed as registered mails by Postal office, EMS, or Hand delivery so as to reach the undersigned not later than 24th May, 2020.
MTWARA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY Industrial Area:
P.O. Box 141,
‘MTUWASA is an equal opportunity employer/ so women with the required qualification and experience are highly encouraged to apply.