Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in
Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a
supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – Security Underground and Production
Job Number: GGM-2020-XAP-05
Number of Positions: 01
Works For: Senior Manager Security
- Relevant tertiary qualification in security or risk management
- No criminal record
- As required by in-country specific legislative requirements.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Mining Security industry of which 5 years should have been at a Management level.
- Able to understand the nature of the gold mining industry and to identify business risks.
- To manage security for underground and production Operations through leading the Compliance & Assurance, GGM Operations and Star & Comet sub functions.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Deploy initiatives and plans gather analysis and exercise security management within surface mining operations and Compliance & Assurance function.
- Manage the Rapid Response Protocol, policies and standards for GGM that is based on Minimum use of Force and AGA Global Security performance requirements.
- Manage the integrated Security Response and Simulation Program that will lead to the development of security staff responding to security related emergencies.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in developing the ISSP.
- Develop a work program and action plan for each Security Risk with a view to identifying and implementing improvement strategies.
- Ensure the development of a proactive maintenance and problem-solving work process and the continuity and system stability remain consistent.
- Develop plans for GGM and Star & Comet, ensuring the recording and reporting of security events to the Senior Security Manager occurs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide a secure environment for the conduct of mining activities and security of its assets within the tenement by monitoring and applying security standards and procedures.
- The Underground and Production Operations Manager will engage with internal and external stakeholders ensuring compliance with security standards when transporting mineralised material, controlled chemicals and explosives.
- Recommend and implement procedures after evaluating conditions (against security standards) and monitoring these procedures to ensure the protection of gold/company assets within the tenement of Geita Gold Mine.
- Oversee the processing of criminal and disciplinary cases relating to all security surface related none conformities
- Manage system and implementation of technologies during and after covert operations or when relocation of surveillance equipment is deemed necessary
- Oversee the security accountability of fuel management monitoring and reporting system
- Ensure the development and expansion of the CCTV control room function to optimize performance output of technologies deployed in the surface mining operation and areas of accountability.
- Promote and provide technical support to the community policing initiative to ensuring the sustained roll-out to the surrounding communities
- Oversee the coordination of incident reviews and feedback sessions as required and monitor improvement opportunities via WMRS, AuRisk and through active engagement with the relevant Department.
- Manage technology transformation and integration to ensuring full system automation
- Manage the integration of the CCTV control room detection capability and coordination of Rapid Response Units
- Identify and report security risks within your area of accountability and report to the Senior Security Manager such risks in order to assist him in developing strategies to counter/mitigate the risks.
- Promote the Integrated Security solution and drive behavioural change through the development of an internal communications plan targeting all employees and contractors within your areas of accountability.
- Collaborate and engage with peers in mining, environment and auxiliary services
- Ensure preparation of annual budget for the Underground and Production security function and audit plan versus budget
- Compliance Accountabilities:
- 9.1 Awareness/management of declaration of conflict of interest of direct reports
- 19.2 Awareness/management of SOX control accountabilities
- 19.3 Awareness/management of Delegation of Authority
- 19.4 Awareness/management of reporting (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual) requirements
- Demonstrate effective knowledge & understanding of Safety, Health & Environment Management
policies and procedures, OSHE legislation and principles in and around workplace (PPE requirements, housekeeping standards);
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of good financial management practices including
principles of budgeting and financial management;
- Demonstrate an understanding of business model, structure and knowledge of the roles and
accountabilities of collateral and cross functional team members;
- Demonstrate the knowledge & application of managerial leadership;
- Demonstrate the knowledge & application of ethical conduct and compliance with corporate
governance, principles and social responsibility;
- Demonstrate knowledge and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently;
- Demonstrate knowledge & application of the appropriate policies and procedures for recruiting,
selecting, developing, counselling, disciplining, and evaluation performance of subordinates to retain a diverse workforce;
- Demonstrate knowledge within security field e.g. crime trends, country or site risk profile and
keep current with developments and trends in area(s) of expertise.
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and
Team work, Developing Others, Communicating powerfully and prolifically;
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross fur
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing
Issues, Driving for Results, Displayi expertise, Innovating, Taking
Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Manager – Security Underground and Production and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Human Resources Manager,NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Application letters should reach the above on or before 29th May, 2020 at 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.