Position: Administrative Assistant
Job ID 13-11023
Location Tanzania - Dodoma
# of Positions 1
Group/Office GHSI (Global Health Systems Innovation)
Dept/Unit GHSIHS - GHSI Health System Strengthening
Project/Program A504 - TSSP
Application Due Date 2020-04-01
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
MSH is seeking to recruit highly motivated and result oriented individual as an Administrative Assistant for the Tanzania Technical Support Services (TSSP) Project, a President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project in Tanzania.
- S/he will provide transport and logistics support in booking staff, and consultants travel and accommodation. Coordinating appointments, meetings, preparing, disseminating materials & information
- Act as the face of the organization and provide full coverage of the front desk and the duties associated with it such as receiving and making calls, visitors, deliveries and any dispatches.
- The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining MSH office facilities to ensure that they are operating efficiently and in optimal condition.
- S/he will provide administrative support ensuring the availability for office utilities, office supplies & office consumable items & store management and ensure that MSH facilities are operating efficiently and in optimal condition.
- The administrative assistant will work closely with Administrative Coordinator and Senior Procurement Specialist to support with procurement roles as delegated.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideas candidate should have a graduate degree in Business Administration or related course, atleast two (2) years handson experience in Administration, logistics and front office Management. S/he should have basic knowledge in procurement.
- Experience in working with CDC funded projects and knowledge of applicable regulations will be an added advantage. S/he should have basic understanding of key aspects of administration, procurement, accounting, creating and analyzing journal entries.In addition, s/he should be proficient in relevant computer applications which includes word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentations (Microsoft Office applications preferred); and a willingness to learn new software packages.
- The successful candidate needs to be a strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. S/he should work with minimal supervision with ability to work independently and in a team.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.