The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (G-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development and environmental education. Founded in 1977, the Institute advances the vision and work of her founder Dr. Jane Goodall by continuing the chimpanzee research and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share.
the institute is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent
Tanzanian to fill the following vacant position below:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Vacancy title: Veterinary Laboratory Assistant
Deadline of this Job: 27th February, 2020
Main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to
• Assist biological and medical scientists in laboratories to set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, monitor experiments, make observations, calculate and record results. Analyze organic substances, such as blood, Fecais and urine.
• Assist veterinary officer in laboratory, primarily faecal sample processing and necropsies.
• Coordinate with field assistants and researchers in faecal sample and datasheet collection.
• Assist in maintaining laboratory supply and sample inventories.
• Learn to identify individual chimpanzees.
• Learn methods of observational data collection and assist with data translation, processing, and analysis.
• Minimum of 10 hours per week in field observing chimpanzees and collecting samples.
• Enter data into an online web-based database and spreadsheets.
• Assist researchers (PhD students and professors from Tanzania and abroad) with research projects.
• Applicant must be a holder of BSc. in Biotechnology and Laboratory science (BLS), BSc. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (MBB) or other Science-related fields from recognized institutions.
• Must be familiar with various techniques in samples processing i.e. Examining samples to identify parasites, utilizing fecal processing techniques for microscopy and other microscopic techniques.
• Should possess other laboratory skills with experience of setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments.
• Proficiency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Hardworking and commitment to work. o Positive attitude-oriented person.
• Good interpersonal skilled person.
Send by e-mail to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Deadline: Seven (7) days from the date of the first appearance of this JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, and marital status.