Collections and Recovery Intern
Dar es Salaam
Collections and Recovery Intern will be accountable to deliver superior service to the majority of FINCA Microfinance Bank customers through collection. It is a front line internship position using telephone and computerizing system information to deliver customer experience. Collections and Recovery Intern are expected to make collection and recovery through calls on for all FINCA customer and maintain customer satisfaction and retention. The Collections and Recovery Intern will keep records of customer response as well as capture customer information. Customer contact is generally inbound/outbound and Collections and Recovery Intern are expected to refer customers to his/her team leader for escalation process.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Experience Level: Entry level
Experience Length: 1 year
- As a collections recovery intern will be responsible for recovering outstanding debt and written off Loans from our customers.
- To manage work queues to ensure all delinquent queues are actioned.
- All information to be captured accurately in computerized system like Online data kid (ODK)
- To investigate any resolve any customer queries in line as per FINCA Microfinance bank policies.
- To achieve daily/weekly/monthly collection targets as per Performance Indicators. (Including PTP rate, PTP to instalment, PTP kept rate, Payment to PTP).
- All communication whether written or oral to be in line with the FINCA Microfinance Bank quality standards.
- To be at work on time in line with your allocated shift (adherence to schedule and absenteeism).
- Manage FINCA corporate image through maintaining integrity at all times
- Ensure to maintain confidentiality of customer information and the company
- Increase the customer experience by providing accurate information and delivering one call resolution.
- Liaise with Branches and other operation teams to resolve customer queries/complaints.
- To adhere to break schedules as defined in the shift patterns.
- Telephonic collections through the dialer by negotiating payment plans and dealing with customer objection handling.
- Other ad hoc tasks as defined by Management
1. A college Diploma/university degree.
2. At least 1 years work experience in Collection and recovery/ customer service
3. Written and verbal fluency in English and Kiswahili essential
4. General knowledge of windows-based applications
5. Prior call center/work experience is an added advantage
Core Competencies (knowledge, Skills and behavior base)
- Experience in the use of a phone system
- Basic knowledge on collection and recovery
- Company products and service knowledge
- Prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong knowledge of customer care processes and techniques
- Active listening skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to delight customers
Risk Management Analyst
FINCA MICROFINANCE BANK
Dar es Salaam
The Risk Management Analyst is the role that assisting Head of Risk on implementation of various Risk Management Processes and Tools to ensuring effective risk assessments, treatment, monitoring and reporting to reduce probability of failure and uncertainty in achieving the bank’s overall objectives. The role is responsible to analyze and proactive assessing various risks including but not limited to Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Market, Regulatory and Strategic risks, New product and third-party risk Management. Risk Management Analyst works within bank’s risk management framework and in Coordination with functional heads, senior management to effectively optimize risk return trade off. This requires strong collaboration and partnership with process owners and stakeholders across the bank.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
Reports To: Head of Risk
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential duties includes, but not limited to;
- Performing Risk Assessment for Projects, New Products, Services, Vendors /Third- parties, Counterparties.
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting; Analyze current risk exposures facing the bank and ensuring appropriate remedial actions/strategies are developed and implemented for any adverse trends through various risk monitoring programs including; Key Risk Indicators, Operational Loss Events /Incident management and Scenario analysis.
- Support management in the development, review and update of Risk Control Self- Assessment (RCSAs) risk registers as a basis for preparation of the organization’s risk profile and subsequent monitoring.
- Conduct a detailed credit risk analysis including vintage and Migration analysis to provide insight on loan quality and collection trend.
- Embed risk management process in bank’s business strategies & plans through risk awareness training and implementation of various risk tools to improve risk culture.
- Continuously endeavor to improve the Enterprise risk management framework (ERM), risk parameters and metrics – losses and incidents, key risk exposures and early warning indicators for all aspects of risk across the bank.
- Assist in the development of departmental reports to be submitted to Board of Directors, Management and Regional Office. This includes Subsidiary Risk reports,weekly risk updates, Risk monthly activity report and Board pack preparation and others as assigned by Head of Risk.
- Ensure all documentations related to Risk programs are properly filed to sustain historical trend and future business decisions.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- A good understanding of Risk Management Practices in the financial services sector, preferably microfinance.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the various stakeholders.
- Technical skills to effectively perform and guide performance of Risk Management Analyst in a manner that consistently meets established standards or benchmarks.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, organizational capacity, teamwork and trust that are needed to make the required changes.
- Highly investigative and analytical skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Economics, Accounting, Business, Credit or Finance or Equivalent studies from a recognized high learning institution; Professional Certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- A demonstrated experience in fields of Risks Management, Compliance, Internal Control or Internal Audit in banking industry;
- An in-depth knowledge of advanced latest lending techniques, products, cash management or Investment instruments
- Sound knowledge of micro finance principles, and practices of banking.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio and other computerized Office applications