Duty Station: Moshono Business Office, Arusha, Tanzania (travel between campuses is required).
Reporting To: The Academic Manager
The School of St Jude is an educational institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha and supports hundreds of graduates through higher education.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members in consultation with the Academic Manager.
- Schedule meetings and appointments. Ability to manage and prioritise these on behalf of the Academic Manager.
- Receive and return all HR and purchasing documents requiring signature.
- Maintain an organised filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and our stakeholders (including visitors, parents, students and government officials).
- Proficient in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Acting as a first point of contact in dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Manage diaries and organise meetings, appointments, and often controlling access to the Academic Manager.
- Organise events and conferences.
- Remind the Academic Manager of important tasks and deadlines.
- Type, compile and prepare reports, presentations and correspondence in both English and Kiswahili.
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the Academic Manager, which will vary from time to time.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration or Advanced Secretarial Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Must have experience with the Tanzanian education system.
- Added advantage:
o Typing speed and accuracy (50WPS)
o Experience in Modern Educational Institutions
o Passion to work with Children
- Exceptional writing, reading, verbal and communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm- specific programs and software
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail is crucial.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly, professional and mature demeanour.
- Expected to appear in professional attire.
- Discretion and trustworthiness, as you will often be party to confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative to develop new processes or procedures that would improve the effectiveness or efficient of the work.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organisational, staff management and problem-solving skills with impeccable ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work in an English Medium Environment and Educational Institution.
- Ability to work independently and take instruction.
- Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to email@example.com. Applications should be sent by 28th February 2020. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!