Position: Social Worker Officer
Location: Arusha & Moshi
Requires experience and vast skills in the health and social counselling, performing community outreaches and organization of logistics.
This role will involve providing a range of psychological assessment,
diagnostic, therapeutic, and/or case management services for
individuals, teenage mothers, fistula women, and families, as
appropriate to the specific expectations of the position. May provide
practical training and guidance to paraprofessional staff, as required.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click HereJob Description
- Arrange and perform community visits around Tanzania when necessary, with the aim of raising awareness of obstetric fistula, how to prevent it and find fistula patients.
- To build strong relationships with the Maternity Africa Ambassadors, community and its leaders.
- To develop educational materials to be used during the visits to help with the creating awareness of obstetric fistula.
- To recruit, train, and support “fistula ambassadors” to find and send fistula patients to Kivulini Maternity Centre.
- Building relationship and expanding the number of active Ambassadors.
- To recruit fistula patients for treatment either personally or via ambassadors.
- To help facilitate and safe transport of fistula patients from their homes to Kivulini and back after treatment in coordination with nursing staff.
- To counsel patients while in hospital, ensuring their needs are met, liaising with family etc.
- To help arrange logistics for treatment, transport money, patient bills and to communicate with Maternity Africa administration on these matters.
- To prepare Quarterly, Biannual and Annual reports for all activities submitted to MA administration. Provide a brief verbal and written report after each outreach including statistics of how many people were educated and screened.
- To have input for the planning, organizing and running of the fistula camps. This involves liaising with the fistula surgeons, organizing fistula patients’ arrival pre camp and collaborating with relevant departments within the hospital.
- To develop outreach budgets and submit them for approval prior to travelling.
- To liaise with government officials and departments as requested by MA management for the on-going running of Kivulini Maternity Centre.
- Ability to apply counselling methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of community social issues around Tanzania
- Knowledge of Fistula, causes, prevention and treatment
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Knowledge of case management.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical counselling principles, programs and methodology.
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Social Work.
- At least Five years of professional experience working as a Social Worker preferably in health Sector.
- Experience in patients counseling.
Location: Arusha & Moshi
Responsible for the oversight and management of the medical team to achieve clinical excellence, compassion and quality care to our patients.
- Oversee medical activities in the clinical areas- antenatal, postnatal ward, labour ward, theatres, newborn nursery, fistula ward, early pregnancy ward, outpatient clinic, theatres and laboratory as appropriate.
- Lead the team of local doctors to ensure excellent clinical care is maintained and developed
- To provide an opinion and assist in management of any outpatients or inpatients referred for review by the midwifery team
- Ensure that teaching ward rounds occur each morning and appropriate plan of care is decided and implemented-according to current clinical guidelines
- Attend all obstetric emergencies when on duty/on call and plan ongoing management of care
- Perform assisted deliveries, caesarean section and other procedures in theatre and otherwise assist the midwifery team in prevention and management of complications of pregnancy and labour.
- Attend and review all patients with early pregnancy complications and be responsible for planning and implementing medical/surgical management.
- To assist during fistula camps- with screening of patients, intraoperative and post-operative care.
- To be present on-site during working hours within the clinical area
- Perform on-call duties including weekends and nights as per Kivulini Maternity Centre roster.
- Mentor and support all members of the multi-disciplinary team in a manner in which shared goals, shared knowledge and mutual respect are emphasised.
- Be an active part of the training schedule for clinical staff and ensure training sessions are an integral part of staff development
- Ensure all medical documentation is filled correctly and on time.
- Lead clinical governance initiatives including timely reporting and reviewing of clinical incidents
- Ensure that data collection is timely, accurate and complete as required for service delivery and for any ongoing, MA approved research projects
- Ensure that reporting to M.O.H of any reproductive data and reports as required is timely, accurate and complete
- Be responsible for the rostering of medical laboratory and nurse anaesthetist staff
- Perform any other duties related to the role as required by Maternity Africa
Location: Arusha & Moshi
Requires Performing Medical Laboratory duties at a high accuracy level with professional judgement and minimal orientation of laboratory machinery.
- To perform routine tests in assigned area of the laboratory as per current SOP
- To ensure specimens collected and received are documented or managed properly before analysis
- To evaluate specimen adequacy for test performance
- To perform and document preventative and corrective maintenance, function checks.
- To perform, evaluate and document quality control data and assure that patient results are reported when quality control does not pass
- To ensure safe working environment in the working Clinical Laboratory
- To perform instrument troubleshooting to correct problems
- Refer client’s inquiries to relevant clinicians
- To ensure specimens collected and received are well documented
- Ensure timely provision of various reports to laboratory
- To ensure valid results are verified before dispatch and are sent to the clinics/wards in a timely fashion
- Draw blood from all Booking patients for Antenatal clinic, see specific booking blood request form
- Be able to give appropriate counselling for HIV testing
- Liaise with procurement officer on a timely basis for procurement of reagents
- Maintain a Blood bank, with emergency blood available whenever possible.
- Remain a confidential approach to patients’ blood results
- Maintain the cleanliness and order of the laboratory
- Use universal precautions when drawing and disposing of samples
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, Copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.