Position: Primary School Teacher
Location: Arusha & Moshi
The Trustees Poor Uneducated Children and Widows Ministry Foundation (PUNCHWMI) is a registered Tanzanian non-government which is located in Siha District. The organization has the vision of Siha District to be a community of God-fearing educated people who will be is a river of blessing to others. The mission statement of the organization is to build the kingdom of God by providing a school of spiritual and academic excellence and by ministering to the needs of the community and teaching them how to minister to others.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Trustees is looking for qualified three candidates to fill the position of a Primary School Teacher at PUNCHMI English Medium Primary School, The School is located in Karansi Village, Karansi Ward, Siha District, Kilimanjaro Region in the same Campus with the Trustee.
At the heart of PUNCHMI is a Tanzanian English-Medium Primary School of excellence. All of the students are from the rural poor living in the local community.
Candidate must have:
- A Diploma in Primary Education Degree will be added advantages.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a teacher in an English medium primary school.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Swahili and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact and work well with teachers, students, administrators and parents.
- A love of teaching that instills a love of learning into the students.
- An understanding of and a commitment to child-centered education with a focus on learning for understanding.
Candidate must be:
- A born-again Christian of the highest integrity.
- A team player.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Plan scheme of work for the whole year and prepare daily plan and lesson notes.
- Complete the syllabus within the required time-frame.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using diverse teaching methods.
- Guide the students to obtain information from books, magazines, the library, the Internet and other sources. Do not rely on lecture as the only method of instruction.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students.
- Create a classroom atmosphere that builds confidence in the students to participate freely in discussions.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development and physical health.
- Prepare lesson plans, materials and classroom for class activities.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and learning styles. Use various materials such as pictures, charts, maps, models and other teaching aids. Teach students how to use these various resources and encourage them to use them.
- Assign and grade class work, follow up with corrections.
- Prepare, administer and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
- Read books to entire classes or small groups. Develop a culture of reading with the students.
- Identify slow learners, prepare and implement special programs for them.
- To attend all the school work as planned and participate with various aspects of the school.
- Ensure all appropriate records are maintained, updated and stored as required. This includes grades, class attendance, observed behaviour, etc.
- All teachers have to put down the time in and out on the attendance register along with the signature.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation and improvement of school programs.
- Partner with the Project Social Worker to educate and encourage the parents and guardians of the children to help their children prosper spiritually, educationally, emotionally and physically.
- Perform any other related work as assigned by the Principal or Headmaster
How to Apply?Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Respond no later than 28- Jan -2020.
Please provide the following:
- An application cover letter explaining your commitment and suitability based on the roles of the position.
- Current CV
- Current contact information – mobile phone and e-mail
- Birth certificate
- References one being your Pastor.
P.O. Box 224,
Sanya Juu, Siha, Kilimanjaro.