Job DescriptionCOMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER JOB ADVERT
Water Mission Tanzania, an affiliate of Water Mission International, is a Christian nonprofit engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Established in Tanzania in 2013, Water Mission Tanzania is growing and now numbers about 40 staff with offices in two locations, the main office in Dar es Salaam and a regional office in Kasulu, Kigoma Region. Our mission is to provide sustainable access to safe water.
Water Mission Tanzania is
seeking for a suitable candidate to fill in the position of Community
Development Officer to be based in Kasulu with frequent travels to the
field. The person in this position must possess a heartfelt passion for
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Training (TOT) on WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) using a provided curriculum.
- Teaching WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in schools and empowering teachers and administrators to carry out the same.
- Resolving issues in communities that threaten the success of the project.
- Project reporting including taking photographs, recording testimonials, water quality testing, and monitoring projects and assessments.
- Providing support to the communities in activities such as helping set up the Safe Water Committee, microfinance development, water users registration.
- Developing WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) curriculum.
- Uploading standard forms to the reporting database.
- Coordinating donor visits/trips including taking them to the project sites.
- Community Mobilization and carrying out site assessments for all new requests.
- Provide disaster response support and work in other countries as needed.
- Other tasks as may be assigned
1. A minimum of Diploma in Community Development or social work.
2. Experience of at least five years in Community Development or social work.
- A level of impeccable integrity and stewardship that demonstrates to those who invest in WMT a sense of security and trust that their gifts are well used and invested.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to drive.
- Must be standards and detail-oriented with the ability to plan ahead.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should e-mail their applications and attach a copy of current CV including day-time contact phone numbers; and names and contact information of three references. PLEASE SPECIFY THE NET SALARY YOU EXPECT.
E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Title your e-mail: Application
Community Development Officer – Your name