WASH SPECIALIST(TANZANIA NATIONS ONLY)
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC Tanzania is looking for qualified candidate to work as WASH SPECIALIST base at Kibondo with frequent travels to areas of operations.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Application deadline: 24/01/2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: WASH SPECIALIST(TANZANIA NATIONS ONLY)
Employment type: Permanent position
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4178462136
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop WASH strategy, technical SOPs, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competences
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within WASH CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from WASH CC implementation, and incorporate them in WASH CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Guide the teams in developing systematic tools for day-to-day implementation, ensuring compliance with established guidelines and standards. This means developing/sharing guidelines, process related documents, tools, clarifying minimum standards (NRC internal tool) and modalities.
- Lead on developing WASH monitoring tools to be used by the team to ensure that relevant information is being collected to inform strategy and implementation, and to ensure accountability and learning.
- Ensure that the strategy is informed by sound analysis, with consultations with teams and concerned stakeholders and that programmes strategies are devised in promotion of NRC's values, culture and beliefs. Lead on research/studies, specifically about innovation.
- Ensure learning from WASH programme is captured, consolidated and disseminated, contributing to knowledge building and sharing within Yemen and globally to influence policies and programme planning.
- Ensure sharing of best practices and capacity building among the team in Kibondo (Tanzania) and Kakuma (Kenya).
- Play a proactive role in integrating WASH Core Competence strategy with other Core Competence strategies (namely Food Security, Shelter, Education and ICLA) to ensure maximum impact.
- Explore and develop strategic partnerships contributing to quality and scaling up of programmes.
- Ensure coordination with relevant WASH stakeholders including representation and effective networking.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian WASH programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments
- Proven expertise in WASH with particular focus of complex programme
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to WASH.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strategic Thinking
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Initiating Action and Change
Duty station : kibondo , contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension ,Salary /benefits: According to NRC's general direction ,The candidate will observe NRC's code of conduct and working hours for NRC office in Kibondo.