Civil Engineer / Architect
Description of taskUnder the managerial supervision of the UNDP operations manager in Dar es Salaam and in Zanzibar the National Youth UNV Civil Engineer or Architect will be part of the Common Premises management and will perform the following tasks:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Supervise and monitor on a daily basis civil and structural works to be carried out at the UN Premises and any other sites as required.
- Assist in providing quality control, and reporting on civil and structural works to be carried out at the UN house and Annex Premises.
- Execute surveys and measurements of existing buildings at the UN Premises or selected areas for future developments.
- Produce structural drawings as needed.
- Carry out site inspections and produce progress reports for on-going construction works.
- Any other construction and building refurbishment related tasks as needed.
- Support the Operations Management Team Working Group on administrative issues.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education –
Recent degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Demonstrated experience in the supervision of construction works.
Ability to verify and produce technical and structural drawings.
Interest and studies on green constructions is an advantage
Computer proficiency in Prokon /Revit structures, AutoCAD and all MS office.
Strong written and spoken English
English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Kiswahili(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Civil engineering and construction supervision Driving license: No Competencies values:Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Closing Date: 2020-01-17
CLICK HERE TO APPLY