Position: Head of Visitor Team
Overview: The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking to appoint a Head of Department for the Visitors team to provide opportunities for and encourage people to visit The School of St Jude and to assist them with the arrangements and logistics for their intended visit.
- Ensuring the whole team’s liaison with visitors is kept up to date and conducted in a relaxed, professional and timely manner by managing the Visitors’ team inbox.
- Organising and allocating team jobs.
- Drafting itineraries for prospective visitors.
- Organising the logistics of visitors on campus.
- Liaising with Academic Leaders and administration staff regarding visitors on campus.
- Keeping the Visitor Centre tidy and information up to date.
- Organising photos of visitors with Photographers.
- Organise weekly Visitor team meeting, distribution of agenda and minutes to discuss Visitor team issues and upcoming visitors.
- Liaising with cooks (school and contractor) and Head of Purchasing for visitor meals.
- Ensuring homepacks are prepared for scheduled home visits and stock levels are adequate.
- Ensure team members follow procedures.
- Schedule meetings with Visitor Team on team needs and possible improvements.
- Manage team action plan and complete monthly KPI report for the Community Relations Manager.
- Design and maintain systems to ensure the smooth running of the team (such as systems to capture visitor details, room bookings, safari details,
- Develop new procedures where needed (such as thank yous and follow ups, recording visitor contact information, payment of accounts and photography, information for late arrivals).
- Maintaining the standard words documents and standard forms.
- Maintain the team proc
- Staff management including training in systems and procedures and performance management.
- Manage the development of new initiatives.
- Maintain the team’s IT needs.
- Maintain visitor content on website and ensure it is updated.
- Schedule meetings as needed on systems.
- Work closely with the Supporter Relations team regarding the ongoing management of VIPs and potential VIPs visiting the school.
Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the School leader or Employer.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor of business administration or tourism is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
- An energetic and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable and easy going.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) in both English and Swahili.
- Strong time management skills with previous experience managing a small team an advantage.
- An understanding that the position does not involve much interaction with children.
- Working with Children Clearance or similar.
- A minimum commitment of at least 12 months is required for International applicants.
Other Relevant Information
- Travel between campuses may be required.
- All members of the Visitors team are required to work on some weekends when there are visitors. Time in lieu procedures are in place to allow for this.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com
THE SUBJECT LINE MUST BE THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: TSOSJ/HR/CR/02/19
Application Deadline: 2019-07-05
Application Deadline: 2019-07-05
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED