ICAP at Columbia University is a Non-Governmental Organization affiliated with Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health (MSPH) registered in Tanzania as MSPH Tanzania LLC since February 2005 (SO No. 12987). ICAP currently operates in nine regions across Tanzania and employs over 230 full time staff to facilitate public health interventions in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children (MoHCDGEC) and the National AIDS Control Program (NACP).
Since October 2016, ICAP has been receiving PEPFAR funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a 5-year project delivering HIV interventions as the community-implementing partner. Known in country as the FIKIA Project and currently in Year 3 of 5 for implementation, the project’s goal is to accelerate, expand, and improve the quality of comprehensive community-based HIV prevention services to key and vulnerable populations (KVP). The program provides a wide set of community interventions to support PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals including targeted HIV testing, HIV self-testing (HIVST), same-day ART initiation, peer-based outreach and counseling, TB screening, delivery of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), DREAMS interventions, and linkage case management (LCM) for early retention in care. FIKIA implementation currently spans nine regions including Kagera, Kigoma, Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Pwani, Tanga, and Dar es Salaam, with ambitious annual program targets in the current year including delivering HIV testing to nearly one million people, diagnosing over 39,000 new cases of HIV, and reaching over 230,000 KVP with essential evidence-based HIV prevention interventions.
ICAP is now seeking to employ a highly competent and dynamic individual to fill the below position for the FIKIA project.
Position Title : Data Manager (1 vacancy)
Reports to Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Supervises : Entire Data unit
Job Location : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Travel : Up to 40% in intervention regions
The candidate will be responsible to design, develop and update databases and implement high-standard data management systems including data analysis; build staff capacity of ICAP and stakeholders at Central office, Regional offices and health facility levels including RHMTs and CHMTs.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead in design, update and maintain central and regional databases.
- Lead in aggregating databases.
- Adapt and implement ICAP database in collaboration with regional data managers including:
- Design and develop data models and database architecture;
- Construct, install and test the database system;
- Write manuals and explain database’s function ;
- Consult with others to assess the database system performance and make modifications as required; and
- Modify existing databases and find faults, as user needs change.
- Coordinate and support development of other databases and build capacity of regional data managers, as needed.
- Train and supervise M&E teams in new database systems to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports.
- Participate on timely reporting of quality national quarterly and OGAC semi-annual and annual reports on all supported program areas.
- Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis.
- Help to develop or refine M&E materials including patient tracking tools, medication tracking forms, program indicators and data management systems.
- Coordinate and ensure use of tracking tools on monthly basis.
- Provide technical assistance to ICAP Tanzania supported health care facilities including review of performance and quality of service delivery, assessment of M&E strategies, implementation and evaluation of patient tracking and data management systems.
- Provide technical support in the process of data quality assurances (DQA, Data Audit) and data cleaning, ensuring that data generated is of high quality.
- At central level, give technical support in the processes of data cleaning, data summarization analyses and submission on agreed timelines.
- Support data transfers to donors and MOHSW-NACP.
- Update ICAP Tanzania master slide sets and master narrative excel sheet.
- In collaboration with the Regional Data Officers, train and supervise Facility Data Clerks to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Oversee the rollout of ICAP technological initiatives in data capture and analysis supervise all the processes of linking with MOHSW -NACP to keep flow of data.
- A degree in IT or Computer Science or Health Information Systems.
- Strong capability in database development and management using MS Access, MySQL and statistical analysis programs packages e.g. stata, SPSS.
- Familiarity with different programming languages e.g.Vb.net, HTML, CSS, OOP.
- Familiarity with the health information systems.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with donor funded organizations.
- Capable of independently implementing the duties described above.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Committed and team player.
- Fluent communication in both Kiswahili and English.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV by 8th July, 2019 via email to email@example.com. mentioning in the subject line the Position Title. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online.. ICAP is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply,