European Solidarity Corps (ESC) at WeWorld
Thanks to the international volunteering initiative European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps, part of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) promoted and financed by the European Union, you can apply as a volunteer for a unique humanitarian aid experience in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia. (Benin, Mozambique, Kenya, Tunisia, Bolivia, Brazil, Nicaragua, Cambodia, Lebanon, Moldova and Tanzania).
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
WeWorld is committed to ensuring principles of equality, diversity and inclusion during the selection process. Participation of youths currently not involved in education or employment (NEETs) and people from minorities and/or vulnerable groups is encouraged.
The initiative is open to young people between 18 and 35 years old who are legally residing in an EU Member State or another country associated with the programme (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey and Republic of North Macedonia).
During your volunteering period, you will have the opportunity to participate in various trainings and be supervised by local staff. You will get the chance to see firsthand WeWorld’s projects in the country, in close contact with local communities. This experience will allow you to challenge yourself and grow not only professionally, but also culturally and personally.
If you find yourself in a difficult or disadvantaged situation (economic, physical, geographical…) you are entitled to additional ad hoc support. Make sure you express it during the interview!
How to participate
Remember that in order to apply for a vacancy, you must first register on the European Youth Portal and complete online and face to face trainings.
The list of vacancies and profiles will be published in spring, but we recommend that you start now with the following steps:
- Register your profile in the European Solidarity Corps’ Portal;
- Make sure you select the option “I want to be considered for the Humanitarian Aid Volunteering projects“;
- Attend the Online Training available at the EU Academy, in particular the “Humanitarian aid training”. The training lasts 20-25 hours;
- Make a self assessment and complete the final test ;
- Once done with the test, you can express your interest for the face to face training through the EU Academy;
- After finishing the face to face training (5 days), you are ready to apply for any vacancy!
How to apply
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org