Officer, People Operations at Room to Read
Room to Read
Dar es Salaam
People Operations Officer will be responsible in administration of hiring, retention, staff development, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and day to day administrative and logistical support to People Operations department and country staff. This position will report to the Manager, People Operations.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing general HR administrative support to the Manager, People Operations
- Provide administrational support in Personnel Annual Planning & Budgeting.
- Capture new employees and update employee data into Workday system, ensuring monthly data quality checks.
- Ensure complete and up -to date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information.
- Ensure all required employee documentation is obtained, correctly filed, and updated as necessary.
- Capture feedback on an ongoing basis and ensure that the feedback is acted upon to bring in operational effectiveness.
- Provide data for and preparing management information reports as required.
- Consolidate monthly payroll inputs regarding new hires / terminations, promotions, spot awards and other payroll-related activities.
- Ensure proper filing and documents management online and offline.
- Consolidate new hires documentation for employee background checks; and follow up with vendor for timely submission of reports.
- Contribute to annual HR initiatives as per the calendar i.e. Goal setting, Performance management, probation review, staff satisfaction surveys.
- Support staff to understand key Room to Read People Operations policies and procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews as part of recruitment process and work on Workday recruiting module.
- Prepare training packs for all HR trainings and/or workshops.
- Co -facilitate in different HR workshops/trainings where necessary.
- Work with Line manager to ensure compliance and all audit queries are closed.
- Coordinate People Operations activities throughout the organization across the department lines.
- Prepare orientation packs and support supervisors to deliver RtR orientation appropriately.
- Support People Ops Manager in DEI initiatives.
- Address and handle all People Operations related issues timely.
- Oversee the management and general administration of employee leave and other leave related processes.
- Facilitate separation of staff as per internal policy and procedures of exit management.
- Organize exit interview, return of office working tools and process final dues.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Industrial relations / psychology, or related.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in HR Operations
- Experience in the NGO environment will be advantageous.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in working in Microsoft office.
- Ability to multi-task
- Well organized
- Understanding of relevant labour legislations
- Positive attitude towards work and others.
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker that tries new things and inspires others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
- Room to Read offers competitive pay with excellent benefits.
- The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
- Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Room to Read is a child-safe organization; all personnel are expected to adhere to Room to Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Location(s): Tanzania – Main – Dar Es Salaam
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled