WASH Cluster Engineer at World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Support WASH projects/programs Team Leaders/Managers in ensuring compliance of all WASH standards and donor regulations (15%)
- Development of WASH technical programme design and planning
- Design and plan national WASH strategy
- Prepare detailed implementation plans in area of technical responsibility.
- Develop annual work plans in the area of technical expertise.
- Develops and ensures execution of procurement plan in alignment with policies and standards.
- Implemented WASH projects that adhere to international WASH standards and donor requirements.
Technical guidance, supervision & quality assurance (25%)
- To conduct inspection of water supply services in relation to water supply and sanitation including water quality monitoring
- To provide inputs in reviewing and advising on tariffs and prices of water services
- Monitoring the progress of projects from beginning to end (from feasibility stage to design through to construction and hand over or supervision one section of a large project)
- Timely submission of progress reports to relevant partners
- Preparation of BOQ as per National Standards
- Provide technical supervision of the programme
- Stay apprised of indirect support to implementation of services.
- Assess and track quality of implementation and alignment to standards, government policies and TP/DIP plans.
- Conduct activities to assess quality in the field, solicit community and stakeholder feedback.
- Quality WASH projects are designed and accomplished timely.
- Developed BOQs that meet the national and WASH international Standards.
Technical design and implementation of WASH projects (15%)
- Building site supervision and site administration capabilities, QA/QC, estimating, and reporting experience.
- Administering contract and ensuring that work is completed on time.
- Design, plan and implement WASH projects activities in AP and Grants
- Work closely with the local contractor to plan and design all solar electrification systems.
- Quality construction of WASH projects with well monitored and supported during design, planning and implementation of WASH projects.
- Enhanced Contract management
Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting (10%)
- Monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities
- Utilise field data to write reports and contribute toward learning and quality improvement.
- Support the capture of lessons learned stories and good practice.
- Knowledge management
- Support research projects to explore programme quality and efficacy, and to test new approaches and innovations.
- Enhanced routine monitoring of WASH projects and community-based interventions for WASH services uptake.
Resource acquisition and accountability (5%)
- Proposal writing
- Engage in negotiation with potential.
- Increased grants that are WASH integrated or specific.
Networking and external engagement (10%)
- Networking with local WASH hardware stakeholders
- Attending Local meetings as appropriate
- Collaborate with various bodies individuals, including local authorities, government agencies, clients, contractors, residents, suppliers, technical experts and other consultants in implementation of WASH projects.
- Enhanced WASH representation in different Advocacy engagements at all levels
Capacity building and staff development (5%)
- Training staff and partners
- flexible approach to work and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Mentoring and coaching for staff development
- Effective implementation of WASH projects due to strengthened capacity of Staff.
- Ensuring alignment to safeguarding of program activities
- Ensure safeguarding training and orientation for all sector partners including community level
- WASH projects are implemented in consideration of adult and child safeguarding policies.
Other Activities (10%)
- Participate in the global WASH community of practice.
- Ensure multi-sectoral integration.
- Participating and supporting WV non-sector activities
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in WASH hardware implementation
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Water Engineering I Environmental Engineering I Civil Engineering I Irrigation Engineering I Industrial & Municipal service or related field or equivalent experience.
- Registered by ERB as professional Engineer (PE).
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Computer skills and conversant with AutoCAD/ Arch CAD/ EPANET / Hydraulic Excel calculations / Structure calculations
- Demonstrate ability in supervision.
- Knowledge of design bore hole and supervising drilling process.
- Knowledge of design water project and Building structure
- Knowledge of solar panel installation, wiring, battery storage systems, and pump mechanics
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards and regulations
- Experience in working with water projects.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff partners and donors.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Work environment: Office-based some travel to WVT field offices
Travel: 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
To Serve Kigoma and Kagera Regions
☒ Be Safe and Resilient
☒ Deliver Results
☐ Build Relationships
☐ Be Accountable
☐ Learn and Develop
☒ Improve and innovate
☒ Partner and Collaborate
☐ Embrace Change
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only