Teachers Job Vacancies at Rift Valley Children’s Fund
Rift Valley Children’s Fund
The Rift Valley children’s fund is a recognized non-governmental organization operating in the karatu district of Tanzania.
English, Mathematics, Science and History Teachers
Rift Valley Children’s Fund are seeking teachers for our partner primary and secondary schools in the subjects of English, Mathematics, Science and History in government schools in Karatu District that are jointly managed through a joint management contract between our organization and the local government.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Teachers employed by Rift Valley Children’s Fund will be role models for their fellows in all areas of teaching practice. This includes using student centered learning, positive student care that does not rely corporal punishment, dedication to empowering students to reach their potential and demonstrating professionalism at all times. We are looking for teachers from Bachelor’s/Diploma level or above, who have studied Teaching and/or Education. We are looking for teachers who have a specialism in the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Science and History.
Females are strongly recommended to apply for these positions.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class. Lesson plans to be submitted to Head of School or Education Director.
- Adapting and differentiating lesson plans and activities according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students.
- Incorporate student centered pedagogies into your lesson plans, so as to engage different types of learners.
- Using alternatives to corporal punishment, including using a positive discipline approach.
- Assessing students, correcting work and providing timely and accurate feedback.
- Being a role model for other teachers and students, ensuring professionalism in every aspect of your job.
- Follow and be an advocate for the goals and values of Rift Valley Children’s Fund.
- Attend all assigned supervision duties, including but not limited to, teacher-on-duty, uji period, lunch period, school cleaning periods, extra-curricula activities and additional classes.
- Modify lessons, discipline and practice in response to feedback from the Education Director,
- Head of School or their designee.
- Dress in a professional manner in-line with government regulations.
- Ability to engage and motivate young people.
- Abide by the teacher code of conduct and enforce the student code of conduct at all times.
- Show cooperation and respect in a professional manner with school management, peer teachers, student teachers, volunteers, parents/guardians, school committee members and students.
- Degree/Diploma level qualification from a recognized university/college in Teaching or Education
- Specialism in teaching the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Science and History.
- Fluency in English Language
- Ability to live and work in a remote location
- Commitment to a full academic year
- Females strongly recommended to apply
- Tanzanian Nationals only
- Monthly salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Supplemented school lunch
- Bonus payment related to performance
- Health care Support
- Regular professional development
- Ability to work in a school with fully stocked learning materials
- Transportation support on weekends
Application Deadline: Thursday 16th November, 2023.
Please email your CV, cover letter and copies of certificates of qualification to the Director of Education: email@example.com
Start date: January 2024