JOB ADVERT – MECHANIC HME
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit a Mechanic HME to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, vehicle systems, and facilities to extend the life of assets
- Prevent failures, malfunctions, and breakdowns of systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance
- Report equipment, vehicle, and facility downtime, and work to prevent problems
- Perform minor emergency repairs
- Monitor and document vehicle and equipment operations, including fuel consumption, utilization, and downtime
- Secure facility, equipment, and work areas with appropriate safety and security measures
- Perform inventory checks
- Conduct regular inspections of facilities, equipment, and vehicles to identify and assess problems or obstacles that may impact equipment performance
- Perform equipment setup and calibration as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A relevant trade qualification in mechanical or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
- A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
Experience and competencies needed.
- Must have Sandvik Machine experience
- Verifiable track record gained in similar diversified high-level portfolio
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Maintenance Management Systems
- Ability to consistently manage such a diversified portfolio in a high-pressure environment
- Highly professional conduct at all times and the ability to deal with a diverse client base.
- Significant base knowledge of all the areas depicted in the profile
- Must be motivated individual with ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong maintenance, project management and systems improvement related experience and background
- Strong technical and strategic planning related experience and background.
- Strong values in safety commitment, policy and enforcement related experience and background
- Experience with selection, Maintenance and operation of Electrical and Mechanical equipment.
- Experience in managing Infrastructure projects.
- Computer literacy is essential- Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, ERP and MRPII packages (SAP, Ellipse, Pronto, Oracle etc.).
- Performing tasks under minimal supervision and monitoring
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Performance orientated, strongly motivated and maintains a high work standard. Strong work ethic. Shows initiative. Adaptable to change management processes. Focused on continuous improvement.
- Committed and engaged employees who are enthusiastic and passionate about Barrick and carry the company DNA.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Possess a valid light vehicle manual-class driving license.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.