Title: Executive Director (ED)
Appointing Authority: The President of the United Republic of Tanzania
Reporting Relationship: National Steering Committee (NSC)
Staff under his/her supervision: Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Internal Audit, Director of Community Support, Director of Knowledge Management and Advocacy, Director of Coordination, Procurement Manager and Legal Officer.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The basic functions of the Executive Director will include providing overall leadership in the continuous development, management and co-ordination of the Project in line with Government Policy, TASAF protocols, the Financing Agreements (FA) with the World Bank and other Development Partners. As part of his/her day-to-day management functions, he/she shall ensure that the Project activities are in line with the requirements of the Program Operational Manual (POM) and Development Policies of the Government.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the development of TASAF policies, systems and procedures, procurement and management of human, financial and material resources, supervise progress on Project delivery, and communicate the progress of TASAF to Government, Development Partners and other Key Stakeholders.
- Ensure availability of a consolidated Work Plan and Budget and submit regular progress and financial reports to the TASAF National Steering Committee, the World Bank and other Development Partners.
- Manage all administration, implementation and evaluation activities and affairs of TASAF in accordance with the Program Operational Manual and Development Policies of the Government of Tanzania, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provide leadership, supervise, coach and motivate the TASAF Management Team to maintain a shared culture of collaboration, teamwork and management by objectives to ensure the achievement of agreed goals of TASAF and the smooth operation of the Management Unit.
- Periodically report on the TASAF Program and activities as required by and as stipulated in the Program Operational Manual by ensuring that Quarterly and Annual Progress Reports, including Financial, Procurement and Audit Reports, are prepared and presented to National Steering Committee in an accurate and timely manner.
- Chair TASAF Management Meetings to ensure effective participation of all management members towards delivery of Project objectives, staff matters and resource management for the efficient performance of the Project.
- Overseing Staff Performance Appraisals that is done in accordance to the agreed performance procedures as per TASAF Administrative Handbook
- Represent and promote TASAF and act as a Principal Liaison and Public Relations Officer with the Government, World Bank, Development Partners and all other Key Stakeholders.
- i) Maintain effective linkages between TASAF Management Unit, Project Area Authorities (PAAs), Regions and other Key Stakeholders.
- j) Serve as a Secretary to TASAF National Steering Committee.
- Holder of Masters Degree from a recognized university.
- At least fifteen (15) years work experience in Public and / or Private Sectors of which seven (7) years must be at senior managerial position.
- Must be persuasive with a high degree of diplomacy and the ability to organize and lead a team of professionals.
- Should be able to demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Should be a team builder with an established track record of human and resource managerial skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of and experience with Donor Funded Projects.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Self motivated with integrity and high level of confidentiality,
- Should not exceed fifty five (55) years of age by January 2024.
- Must not have any criminal record.
- Must be computer literate.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Delivery of TASAF objectives and adherence policies, systems and procedures, procurement and management of human, financial and material resources.
- Annual Plans and Budgets for the Project are prepared and consolidated as scheduled.
- The Project is carried out in accordance with the approved Budget, Program Operational Manual and Development Policies of the Government of Tanzania.
- Relevant Reports are prepared timely and submitted to respective authorities.
- Annual Staff Performance Appraisals are carried out as scheduled and appropriate actions taken.
- Project Funds are used as per Financial Regulations and approved Procurement
Duration of Contract: – Terms of Contract is two (2) years renewable on the basis of performance.
Duty Station: TASAF Head Office – Dodoma
How to apply;
Applications, enclosing scanned certified copies of certificates and
Curriculum Vitae be sent to the following address:-
Permanent Secretary, President’s Office
Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF) Kambarage Tower Building Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete Road P.O. Box 2719 DODOMA.
Applications (In PDF Format), enclosing scanned certified copies of certificates, birth certificate and Curriculum Vitae be sent through the following email address: email@example.com
Applications made in a way other than the above will not be considered, Deadline for receiving applications is 10th November, 2023.