Position: INTERSHIP-ECONOMIC / SOCIAL RESEARCHER
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Team: Economic Research and Development
Line Manager: Head of Economic Research and Development
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Salary: Depending on experience
This is a key role in ensuring that Learning and Work has the capacity to design and deliver high-impact research and development work across all areas of our Strategic Plan.
You will be responsible for undertaking high quality research and analysis on learning, work and related areas, as well as proactively supporting other colleagues across the TICGL to do the same. We welcome applications from economists, social researchers and statisticians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Proactively work with colleagues across the TICGL to ensure that work is effectively underpinned by robust research evidence.
· In collaboration with other colleagues, design and deliver high impact research, analysis and evaluation, to time and quality expectations, within budget.
· Develop and utilise appropriate research and analytical methods, evaluation strategies, and research tools.
· Develop and manage systems for gathering, recording, analysing and presenting data from a range of projects for maximum impact.
· Manage small projects and lead on elements of large projects.
· Contribute to research and policy reports, as well as internal documents. This includes working with others to develop conclusions and recommendations.
· In collaboration with Heads of Research, support the development and training of TICGL colleagues to effectively utilise appropriate research methods and tools in the delivery of high-quality project work.
· Support income generation, in collaboration with other TICGL staff, including contributing to the preparation of funding proposals.
· Represent TICGL at external meetings.
· Occasionally undertake public speaking/ presentations with support as necessary.
· Undertake project administration and coordination tasks related to research activity, including data entry, recruitment and note taking.
· Supervise interns, associates and temporary staff in relation to research activity, including possible line management responsibility for research interns.
· Contribute to Learning and Work’s wider agenda of influencing policy, supporting better practice and promoting adult learning and full employment across priorities identified within the TICGL’s Strategic Plan.
· Demonstrate a commitment to equality of opportunity.
· Travel and occasional overnight stays will be required.
· Degree (in a relevant subject), equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience in research and development, economics or statistics
· Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a range of audiences, stakeholders, funders and partners.
· Excellent TICGL and planning skills, that ensure work is effectively prioritised to meet deadlines.
· Good economic / statistical / quantitative / qualitative research skills.
· Ability to develop and utilise appropriate methods and tools to support high quality research.
· Ability to robustly collect and analyse data that supports the reach and impact of Learning and Work’s research, development and policy work.
· Ability to work, unsupervised, under own initiative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
· Ability to write for and speak to a range of audiences to ensure impact.
· Excellent use of Microsoft Office suite (in particular, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to use quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis software packages (for example, R, STATA, SPSS, Nvivo etc).
· Understanding and use of a range of research and evaluation methodologies and methods.
· Understanding of learning, skills and/or employment policy and/or practice across Tanzania.
· Strong track record of organising, co-ordinating and managing a range of activities against competing deadlines and priorities.
· Experience of undertaking research with vulnerable groups
· Experience of undertaking policy-related research projects, using a range of research methods
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application letter and CV to email address: email@example.com.
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
DEADLINE: 27-OCTOBER, 2023.