ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania,
only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Mill/Treatment
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To operate the processing plant (Milling, CIL, Elution) and associated equipment’s in a safe, productive, and efficient manner, to maximize plant performance without effecting the environment or health and safety of personnel. The processing operators will be involved in all aspects of mineral processing, including sampling and sample submission.
• Ordinary level of secondary education or above.
• Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license.
• Must have ability drive manual transmission Light vehicles.
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in gold production.
• Previous gold processing plant operational experience (crushing, milling, CIL and Elution) will be an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviours are always adhered to.
• Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
• Operates, inspects, and monitors (regular sampling and measurement) all processing plant equipment relating to crushing, grinding and gravity, leach, and adsorption (CIL), elution, regeneration kiln and reagents to achieve the highest possible ore recovery.
• Identifying and diagnosing, where possible, items of the plant that require preventative maintenance or repair.
• Monitor the operation of plant and equipment and ensure the safety of other workers.
• Ensuring production activities achieve maximum effective use of the plant and equipment by continual monitoring.
• May operate mobile equipment such as loaders, light duty vehicles, forklifts, Telehandler and utilize hand and power tools.
• Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
• Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration.
• Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees where directed.
• Good knowledge of computer applications
• Fluency in Swahili or English
MODE OF APPLICATION:
• Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW button.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1- Equipment ”
• If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to
our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step
guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 21st September 2023 at 5:30 PM
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
• Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
• You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Requisition ID: 21710