Job Advert: Cable Bolter Trainer (3 Posts)
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Reporting To: Mining Foreman
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Cable Bolter Trainer to join and grow our team.
The key duties of the Cable Bolter Trainer are to operate and train Locals on the Cable Bolting Rig for the installation of ground support in the mines according to quality specifications, safely and efficiently. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute safely and cost-effectively to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies, and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Train the locals to high levels of Cable Bolter Operation.
- Contribute to our safety culture (journey to zero) by adhering to all health and safety standards, policies, procedures, and legislation.
- To drill ground support holes, install cable, and grout them according to the mine ground support specifications.
- To avoid over-drilling and under-drilling and work in accordance with standards, plans, and layouts as well as the geotechnical plans.
- Follow a markup in accordance with geological, statutory, and survey specifications.
- Work with technical and supervisory staff in all quality and safety initiatives.
- Ensure end-of-shift reports are up to date.
- Perform visual inspections of equipment before, and during operation according to procedure to minimize breakdowns and operational losses by the timeous reporting of defects/abnormalities to the Supervisor.
- Operate equipment according to relevant mining requirements and Standard Operating Procedures to achieve daily bolting targets.
- Conduct efficient housekeeping of the equipment and work areas.
- High School or equivalent qualification
- Relevant Cable Bolter competency certification
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of practical experience in operating a Cable Bolter in an underground mining environment.
- Underground drilling knowledge and skills.
- Previous operation of Sandvik or Atlas Copco Cable Bolters will be advantageous.
- Ability to read and understand cable bolt layouts.
- Strong knowledge & understanding of ground support standards.
- Sound knowledge and experience of underground mining practices and operations.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining.
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy to our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.