Implementation Manager Job Vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank
Dar es-Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Global Implementation is responsible for the delivery of the Bank’s
Transaction Banking (TB) product and services to the clients within the
agreed contractual service agreements, and that all digital integrations
are as seamless as possible. The team serves as the key point of
contact for supporting and onboarding clients, and provides project
management support (i.e., ensure smooth flow of the project, capturing
issues and risks, maintaining action plans with follow ups, and
delivering a timely solution to meet the client’s expectations) and
account management support (i.e., understanding clients’ business
strategy and needs) to support implementation of TB products.
The Implementation Manager is responsible for ensuring the end-to-end delivery of the TB solution.
Supports the Global Implementation Strategy and actively participates in identifying opportunities to uplift and/or re-establish the profile/identity of the Global Implementations team
- Operates in a continuous improvement model and can identify opportunities to improve processes and systems
- Identify cross-sell opportunities
- Operates in a productive and efficient manner to ensure faster TAT for revenue realization
- Participate in Post implementation Surveys / Executes against framework to obtain testimonials from clients
- Effectively participate and contribute towards the tactical global implementation strategy
- Share client testimonials and constructive client feedback with team lead / delegate
- Implement TB’s Cash & Trade product suite at a Global / Regional level.
- Work closely with internal partners across Global Implementation, Technical Integration, Product Management.
- Utilize Project Management tools following Implementation discipline and methodology .
- Runs end-to-end client training, including preparation of materials and coordination of logistics.
- Effectively participate and contribute towards the tactical solutions.
- Adequately manages implementation for key client deals.
- Help drive post implementation activities, including:
- Post Implementation Surveys / client testimonials.
- Sharing constructive client feedback with Regional / Country Implementation Head and/or Senior / Global
- Implementation Manager.
- Collaborate on RFP/RFI responses for the implementation component as part of the Deal team.
- Participate on solution design discussions with Sales, Product Management, Product Development, Channel
- Management, Technology and Operational s teams .
- Perform review of the deal handover, validate requirements, deal size, and expected revenue .
- Assist with client relationships development to ensure the products and services remains aligned to client needs.
- Help provide technical feedback as required to Product Owners and/or distribution teams for continuous iteration of product development.
- Project Management of the end-to-end implementation cycle .
- Ensure seamlessly transition the implemented product and services to service teams for BAU client servicing.
- Participate in Governance calls with internal stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes (deal closures, drops, next action items etc.).
People & Talent
- Adopts a data driven culture.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn process improvement skills, technical competencies, effective communication.
- Actively participates in continuous learning and development.
- Demonstrates willingness to be brave and speak out.
- Complies with data management framework for Implementation Project Management system.
- Adherence to all local regulatory, legal and compliance requirements.
- Adherence to all bank’s policy and standards.
- Properly execute implementation governance controls.
- Proactive risk management; includes delivery + operational risks.
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
- This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Tanzania – Global Implementations] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Banking and finance industry experience or similar industry.
- Experience in Client Implementation with strong delivery focus.
- Has project management disciplines.
- Knowledge in API, system and technology integrations, and Transaction Banking products is a plus.
- Problem-solver with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- PMP certification / Prince 2 or equivalent Project Management Certification is a plus.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Application Programming Interfaces (API)
- Client Experience, Behaviours and Preferences
- Operational Risk
- Change / Project Management
- System and Technology Integration
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Thinking
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.