Finance and Administration Manager at COUNSENUTH
CAREER OPPORTUNITY FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Centre for Counseling Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a Tanzanian national non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization that was established in 1998 (Reg. 9495) with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. COUNSENUTH s vision is to have a Tanzania whose people, particularly women,
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
children, adolescents and other vulnerable have optimal health and quality of life. Its Mission is to achieve these through innovative, cost-effective, evidence-based actions, that enhance positive behaviors towards health, nutrition, WASH, gender equality and women empowerment early childhood development, education performance improvement, climate change adaptation, youth employability and gainful engagement, through active community participation; multi-sectoral collaboration, good governance; advocacy and lobby; and active engagement of citizens.
COUNSENUTH is inviting applications to fill the position of Finance and Administration Manager
Post Title: Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
As Finance and Administration Manager, you will ensure accurate financial accounting & reporting of the financial progress of the Centres Programs, investigate variances, post expenses, and ensure that various projects billings are issued and payments made in accordance with COUNSENUTH financial policies and procedures. You will work closely with COUNSENUTHs Director of Programs and project staff to design and develop Annual Centres Plans and budgets.
1.Being responsible for the Oversight of General Office Accounting activities including:
a)Supervision of all accounting activities in the Centre and Provide advice to all concerned,
b)Development and maintenance of timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users of the organization
c)Overseeing compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
d)Oversee development and maintenance of financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and petty cash
e)Preparation and supervision of internal and annual audit in liaison with the Board’s Accounts and Finance Committee.
f)Managing the acquisition of capital assets and ensuring that assets are properly recorded, amortized and disposed of as appropriate
g)Supervising Stores operations and Procurements according to COUNSENUTHs Finance and Procurement policies
2.Financial administration and oversight of the project fund specific activities including to:
a)Oversee cash flow and control cash management for the projects.
b)Establish and adhere to and maintain financial records and reporting systems for the projects in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and accounting principles, with appropriate internal controls.
c)Communicate regularly with Executive Director, keeping him/her informed of the financial position and issues relating to cost containment and minimization (i.e., value for money) across the project activities
d)Review Monthly and quarterly financial reports and any other reports according to the Donors requirement.
e)Ensure proper postings of project transactions are made to the organization’s consolidated accounts.
3.Payroll preparation and administration
- a) Oversee all payroll functions in a timely and accurate manner
- b) Process statutory benefits and submit remittances on time
a)Establish guidelines for budget and forecast the annual budget in consultation with the Director of Programs and Executive Director
b)Assist Program Directors and Program Managers with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
a)Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
b)Liaise with Bank for financial services as required and appropriate
a)Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
b)Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
c)Spearhead the facilitation of Office Meetings and Workshops
d)Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant
7.Perform any other duties relating to finance and administration, resources mobilization and management as per the Centres policies and as assigned by the Authorities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate for this position should have;
- Bachelors degree majoring in accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (T) or ACCA; and must be registered by NBAA
- 8 years experience working in Finance Control, Management Accounting and Administration or Finance Management at International or locally based organizations funded by varieties of donors
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and Tax laws and regulations
- Supervisor and Managerial experience
- Sound knowledge of a variety of donor compliance rules and regulations.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Knowledge of Accounting software
- Ability to optimize operations, reduce costs, improve service quality, build new business and forge loyalty with clients, vendors and external business partners.
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally in Kiswahili and English
- Ability to identify and align with the core values of the COUNSENUTH organization
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Good knowledge in office automation tools such as excel spreadsheets, proper utilization of server
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), together with up-to-date curriculum vitae (with three professional references) and certified copies of academic certificates not later than 9th of July2023.
The application should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH), Plot No. 8, Sam Nujoma Rd, Mikocheni B
P.O. Box 8218, Dar es Salaam
All application should be sent via EMAIL only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 9 July 2023.