The Access and Engagement Director Southern Africa will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will play a key role on prioritized Accord countries to access Pfizer’s full medicines portfolio by engaging government officials, provide an overview of the Accord, identify health needs and providing a frame work of collaboration under the Accord principles.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Access and Engagement Director role presents and exciting opportunity to take part in the game-changing initiative Accord for a Healthier World, supporting patient access to Pfizer’s current and future medicines portfolio in 45 lower income countries around the world.
This position works with a multidisciplinary team on designing and implementing engagement initiatives in his/her geographical scope by engaging government officials, understanding the country’s health needs, providing an overview of the initiative and establishing a collaboration framework under the Accord principals.
• Proactively identifies and assess country’s needs for the Accord implementation.
• Actively participates in country negotiations and leverages Pfizer internal resources to drive solutions that accelerates implementation of the Accord.
• Provides insights to a cross collaboration team (Corporate Affairs, Legal, Access, Supply Chain etc) to remove road blocks for patients to get access to medicines.
• Proactively identifies countries archetypes to drive solutions that accelerate the DSA agreements.
• Working closely with medical on the patient journey and designs and implement process to “track the pill” to assure the medicines reaches out the patient hands.
• Designs, implements, and execute a key account strategy to assure long term development of the program in country.
• Identifies and prioritizes opportunities to work on key initiatives that enables the country’s healthcare system evolution.
• Establishes and tracks key performance indicators that helps identify and remove roadblocks ensuring optimal access of medicines.
• 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare sector.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent required.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team-based environment and to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience engaging directly with government and global health stakeholders to achieve common goals for patient access.
• Expertise in complex problem solving and building support for new approaches to doing business
• Track record of hands-on style to both manage and deliver work product.
• Advanced degree such as MBA MSc is preferred
• Demonstrated strategic capabilities with a record of working on long term public-private partnership projects a plus
• Previous experience working with country colleagues as well as the key cross-functional partners including Commercial, Corporate Responsibility, Legal, Medical and Regulatory functions is desired
• Previous P&L experience is preferred
THE ROLE WILL BE HIRED THROUGH A 3RD PARTY VENDOR