Job Opportunity – Software Developer Intern (2 positions)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Application deadline: June 16th, 2023
Start date: July 1, 2023
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs). We are looking to recruit an intern in Data Science and Software development to our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’. The internship is for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Health Information Systems (HIS) developer, the Intern shall be involved in developing and maintaining software, databases, reports, queries, and other software to support its projects and programmes. The intern is expected to design databases to meet the needs of specific projects while maintaining database design standards.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
An appropriate degree or a master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or software engineering with a focus on software development or business intelligence with demonstrable experience in database design, development, backend development. Software development using Java or C# language is desired. A high level of academic achievement is an added advantage. Candidates are expected to have:
· Experience with one or more of the following domains are considered advantages: Software development using Java or C#, Linux and Azure data studio.
· Demonstrable experience in working with databases and SQL, including writing complex SQL queries.
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
Other desired skills/qualities:
· Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis
· Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following:
• A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by June 16, 2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.