You’re the brains behind our work.
Citi is looking for fresh graduates to join the team in various locations across the Middle East and Africa region.
The Middle East Africa (MEA) Analyst Program begins in July with a 3-week training program in Dubai. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from multiple business areas as well as network with other Analysts from across the region.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The classroom training program is followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various business areas of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Corporate Bank, Operations & Technology (O&T), and Risk. In some countries, the Risk rotation will be replaced by another business area.
For the MEA Analyst Program, we have offices and potential opportunities in Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kazakhstan , Israel, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda and Zambia.
The link you have selected is for the Middle East Africa Analyst Program within Tanzania.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
During your training program in Dubai, you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role. These topics can include training in financial statements, credit analysis, treasury and operations.
You will also have the opportunity to network with senior representatives from multiple business areas who will introduce you to Citi and its culture. So whatever your degree is in, we will give you the training you need to excel. Upon successful completion of the program, you can apply for full-time opportunities within the Citi network via our internal mobility opportunities.
Your time here will look something like this.
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
* Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
* Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
* Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
* Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
* Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
* Interact with Citi’s network around the region
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS)
* Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes.
* Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
* Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
* Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews.
* Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an Analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/Public Sector Credit Analysis writing and stress testing.
* Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
* Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc.
* Taking part in client calls / site visits.
* Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization.
Operations & Technology (O&T)
* Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
* Analyze volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes.
* Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
* Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
We want to hear from you if.
* You will have or will be graduating by 2023 as the programme starts in the Summer 2023
* Obtained or on course to achieve a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree discipline.
* You have an interest in business
* You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
Who we think will be a great fit.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
* Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to apply promptly as the program will start in July 2023.
We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based in Tanzania.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review  Accessibility at Citi.