Product Support Engineer, East Africa at Viamo
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.With more than 35 million people reached in 2021 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50 million people annually by 2023.
About The Role
Viamo’s global SaaS platform for mobile engagement enables thousands of organizations to share information and gather feedback from the citizens they serve in the most challenging environments. Usage of the platform grew by over 10X in the past year, while we’ve added new countries, new channels, and new features. Reliability, scalability, and customer satisfaction are key success factors in our growth and this is where you come in. In this role, you will contribute to the overall reliability of the platform. You will build, integrate, monitor, and respond to monitoring and alerting tools and implement reliability initiatives while responding to client-reported issues.
Note: Did you know that?HR research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, but women and other under-represented people often apply only if they feel they check 100% of the requirements. We would love to see your application even if you don’t feel you hit every point below.Do you have experience developing web applications at scale? Are you passionate about creating and supporting technology to improve lives at a fundamental level around the world? We’re looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working with a diverse team of engineers from different cultural backgrounds.
- Shares an attitude of diligence, attention to detail, and pragmatic perfectionism.
- Shares a commitment to 24/7 reliable systems.
- Has a strong sense of empathy for clients and the ability to go the extra mile to resolve an issue on time for them.
- Can self-manage, and are skilled at prioritizing long-term outcomes while meeting short-term deliverables.
- Respond to reports from clients on service downtime and software issues.
- Build application monitoring and proactively triage alerts from existing monitoring tools.
- Follow team best practices on handling client issues within our Service Level Targets.
- Support clients and colleagues by documenting solutions in our knowledge base.
- Communicate critical bugs, and service or infrastructure downtime to stakeholders to help them make business decisions.
- Diagnose, replicate, and detail software issues and escalate them to the Development team.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to Product Support Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience as a Software Engineer or Development of customer-facing, high-availability applications or related fields.
- Relevant experience in Linux systems administration (Ubuntu).
- Knowledge of scripting languages – Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Clear, concise, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with PHP Laravel Framework, Sensu, Ansible, Git, and MySQL is a plus.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.