Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Do you enjoy ensuring that people and valuables on properties are safe and out of harm’s way? Are you passionate about innovation and creativity in the security field? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- A creative and strategic individual
- A collaborative person who can work closely with others and share skills
- passionate about innovative & creative security management
- A dedicated self-driven security personnel
- Strong communication & people management skills
- Able to withstand colleagues’ pressure and maintain vigilance & professionalism
What you’ll do
- Enforces School policies and procedures regarding security as per the Employer’s approved procedure
- Assists school administrators in the prevention of personal injury, property loss and disruption of the educational process through routine patrol, crime prevention techniques, surveillance, emergency response, recovery of property, etc.
- Create and improves security procedures for the School
- Supervise and participate in patrols in all areas, buildings, grounds, parking lots, etc. to prevent student disruptions, theft, vandalism and unauthorized and illegal entry and other activities that detract from a safe, secure and orderly school environment
- Perform random inspection during night hours, weekends and public holidays to ensure the security personnel are alert in all campuses
- Maintains a high level of visibility as students and staff arrive and depart from school ensuring the search activities are done per the security procedures
- Ensures that altercations, arguments or other forms of disruptive or illegal behavior within campuses are identified and dealt with timely to ensure harmony in the campuses
What we’re looking for
- Diploma or certificate in security management/supervision
- 5+ years in a similar position
- Registered as a security officer.
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of public safety, security operations, and procedures.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations.
- Experience working in a school is an added advantage.
- Experience working in the armed forces is an advantage but not a requirement
- An opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of students in Arusha, Tanzania.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of students in Arusha, Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
- Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/HO/FAC/02/23)
- Applications close on 31st May 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.