|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania|
|Closing Date:||5/26/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania office is looking to recruit a Driver. This position reports to the Kenya Cluster Country Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Drive staff to meetings and client sites.
• Collect/deliver official letters, invoices and parcels, as needed.
• Maintain the office vehicles (including ensuring that routine checks for tyre pressure, engine oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant, fuel level, battery water level, etc. are carried out).
• Maintain daily vehicle logbook.
• Ensure insurance, registration, and general service schedules are up to date.
• Ensure that the office vehicles are always clean, including the engine compartment.
• Ensure vehicle keys are appropriately maintained and securely stored.
• Ensure that the general wear and tear of the interior fittings of the vehicles are checked.
• Ensure that vehicles are always properly equipped with spare tyres, tool kits, jacks, wheel spanners, tow ropes, jump leads, fan belts, fire extinguishers and first aid toolboxes.
• Any other administrative duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Country Manager or Team Assistant
• Minimum of secondary school diploma or equivalent.
• At least 5 years driving experience; defensive driving skills training will be an advantage.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Fluency in English (spoken and written).
• Good knowledge of the city of Dar Es Salaam and other surrounding areas in Tanzania.
• Good driving record references.
• Proactive, takes ownership, mature, flexible personality.
• Team player, good people skills, ability to work with people from different countries, and a strong client focus.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Deadline : 26 May 2023.