Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are looking for a competent Anaesthetist.To be successful, the position requires an individual with a demonstrated personal integrity, compassion, firmness, strong interpersonal and communication skills; and a team player. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform pre – operative patient visits, explain procedures to patients and check whether they have any medical conditions that could create problem under anaesthesia.
- Prepare operating room: check anaesthesia machine, supplies, medicine and gases. Check beginning and end of each shift and before each patient.
- Ensure patient operation checklist is filled for every patient before surgery
- Administer anaesthetics to patients
- Administer intravenous fluids and basic anaesthetic drugs to patients.
- Initiates remedial measures to prevent/minimise anaesthesia complication
- Documents all anaesthesia notes on patients file
- Perform post – operative patient visits to rule out any complications secondary to anaesthesia.
- Responds timely to patient’s resuscitation call in emergencies situation across the hospital.
- Adheres to infection control and waste management policies.
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Diploma in clinical medicine/ Nursing and Certificate of Anaesthesia from a recognized university or Institution.
- Must be registered by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifery Council/Medical Association of Tanganyika
- Must have at least three (3) years of professional working experience as
- Have the right attitude,Willingness to learn and safe around the patients.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- Outstanding organizational ability
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Cost conscious
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to email@example.com. Application should be sent by 21st May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!