Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI) is the non-profit Organization working in Tanzania since 2004 to implement PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF) through the support of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR).
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The organization provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. Currently, we operate in five regions of the Southern Highlands zone, which are Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma Regions for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision(VMMC) intervention. The program also supports TPDF in implementing comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment programs in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position listed below.
|Reports to||Logistics Manager|
This position will provide logistical support to HJFMRI program activities in order to achieve Program objectives. The driver is expected to provide effective logistic service while ensuring he also utilize resources(program vehicles) effectively. Project driver will be responsible for the proper maintenance of the vehicle assigned to him/her and performs such driving activities as may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the HJFMRI vehicles driven and for the safety of passengers and to ensure that the vehicles are always kept secure.
- Ensure that safety belts fitted in the vehicle are maintained in working order and used by passengers.
- Drive HJFMRI’s vehicles in accordance with government legislation, organizational policy, and security guidelines.
- Record all journeys, service, and maintenance information in the vehicle logbook.
- Ensure that HJFMRI’s vehicles are clean and well maintained, to carry out basic daily checks
- Ensure that spares, tools, and first aid kits are carried; fuel and water is maintained as required.
- Report any mechanical problems immediately
- Inform the appropriate staff member when the vehicle documents need renewing
- Ensure that only HJFMRI personnel are passengers in the vehicles. The Executive Director or Senior operation Director must give permission for any other passengers in vehicles.
- Make a written report to the line manager of any accident or incident involving HJFMRI vehicle
- Undertake work related errands on behalf of the office or any staff member approved through your line manager.
- Undertake any other duties as required, in accordance with the job purpose, to ensure efficient operation of the program.
- Attend some basic logistics and clerical assignments as may be tasked by a supervisor
- Ensure Oils/fuel level is checked on daily basis. All other gauges, lights, tire pressure are checked and adjusted according to the acceptable standards
- Accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork, such as daily dispatch sheets, petty cash items, etc.
- Transport employees, Distributors, and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner. This includes departmental training, new employee orientation, shuttle transportation for Distributor training and various activities, shuttle transportation for conventions and conferences, airport runs, etc.
- Ensure Monthly fuel consumption reports and mileage accounting for office is made available regularly
- Inform appropriately on motor vehicles necessary documents renewals, insurance renewals and others to comply with ethical practice and applicable Tanzanian Traffic rules and regulations as required
- Ensure motor vehicle general Services are fully made after every 5,000 kilometers and The vehicles are maintained clean always and on regular basis
- Form IV with Advanced Driving Certificate from VETA, Tanzania National Institute of Transport, or any reputable driving school (college).
- Holder of a certificate of secondary education examination (form four certificate).
- Have a valid class C, Cl, and C2 driving license.
- Sound previous driving experience of three years and above, working in NGOs (Programs or projects)
- Motor vehicle servicing and maintenance skills, including four wheels drive vehicles.
- Well-written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Commitment to teamwork, initiative, flexibility, and willingness to work outside normal working hours.
Key personal competencies:
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility, and honesty.
- Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who can plan and manage their work, takes initiative, and strives to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be flexible enough to support more than one team and at any time when required
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to Human Resources Coordinator, P.0. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for applying is 25th, May 2023. As detailed in the job description(s), those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal-opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to Apply