JOB REPORTING TO: MANAGER-NPC/SUBSIDIARIES
The purpose of the job is to manage a portfolio of cross-border clients (both Tanzania/subsidiary clients going cross border and from cross border to Tanzania/Subsidiaries) and Financial Institutions that will support our client’s businesses through a team of Senior Relationship Manager/s and collaborate with other Units within the bank. Assist Manager- NPC/Subsidiaries on matters relating to NPC/Subsidiaries businesses Manage FI confirmation lines.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Establish key FI relationships in the countries of our choice for transactional businesses incl. Trade finance and payment/collections.
- Manage a portfolio of clients in the countries of our choice both to/from these countries concerning cross-border businesses.
- Work in collaboration with relationship managers for clients of interest to be linked with Foreign FIs
- Grow cross-border transactional businesses in the presence or non-presence target countries.
- Assist Manager-NPC to oversee cross border Transactional Banking and Trade team in the countries of Presence (Subsidiaries) and Non-Presence Countries (NPC).
- Grow Non-Funded Income in and from Presence and NPC
- Contribute to the growth of Assets and Deposit/Liquidity in the Presence and NPC.
- Manage FI limits for confirmations, re-issuance, SBLCs etc. ensure the bank is adequate with confirmation lines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
- Degree in any field, preferably in the business field
- Master of Business Administration or Higher will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of banking experience in Corporate or Investment Banking, and at least one year of experience in handling Financial Institution relationships.
- Member of any professional body
- Professional Qualifications like Associate Diploma in Banking or Certified Public Accountant will be an added advantage.
- Being an RM is an added advantage, but knowledge of the FI businesses is key.
- International Banking knowledge and corporate cross-border business experiences
- Treasury management
- Credit origination skills, Credit analysis skills, and Selling skills.
- Team player
- French-speaking knowledge will be added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with directors, managers, and clients.
- Experience in report/proposal/information memorandum writing skills.
- Presentation preparation and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret credit agreements and related documents.
- Knowledge of the current macroeconomic fundamentals and their impacts on the business.
- Ability to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts as per the Bank’s Budget Guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of products, services, and delivery channels available to corporate and FI clients.
- Selling and Negotiation skills
- Experience in representing Bank in various partner meetings, functions, industry conferences and conventions.
REPORTING TO: SENIOR MANAGER CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
The purpose of the job was to be responsible for executing strategic growth opportunities for the company and ensuring that the bank’s strategic investments are contributing to the attainment of the organization’s long-term strategy. Play a key role in aligning the group’s strategic objectives and ensuring smooth strategic coordination between the group and our subsidiaries/affiliates. Work closely with the Senior Manager of Corporate Development and cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategic initiatives that drive growth and create value for the company. This includes the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of projects related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Coordinate and manage the execution of strategic projects related to equity investments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and divestitures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop clear roadmaps and implement project plans.
- Support integration or establishment efforts and ensure the smooth transition of acquired or established businesses.
- Develop tools to monitor the performance of equity investments, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Recommend and implement adjustments to improve the performance and contribution of the bank’s corporate investments.
- Prepare monthly and periodic reports on the performance of the bank’s corporate investments highlighting areas of improvement and strategic focus areas.
- Provide regular updates and status reports to senior leaders and management.
- Stay informed of industry developments and trends and incorporate them into the company’s strategic projects and expansion plan as appropriate.
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional strategic initiatives involving subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Conduct research on the best practices for managing corporate investments and make recommendations for their inclusion in current and future projects.
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure the effective transfer of knowledge, technology, and best practices across the group.
- Support the Senior Manager’s Corporate Development in managing and implementing the organization’s Strategic Expansion Strategy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent postgraduate qualification from a reputable academic institution.
- 3 years of experience in banking in the areas of strategy design & execution, business performance management or monitoring and evaluation.
- In-depth understanding of the Financial Regulatory environment
- Strong business acumen
- Self-driven with a results-oriented mindset
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills, and professional with an enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills both in person and in writing with excellent presentation skills
The purpose of the job is to primarily be accountable for providing support to the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships and Alliances in the administration of Partnerships and Alliances from the initial stage of the partnership lifecycle is ‘sourcing’, ‘screening’, ‘evaluation’ and ‘agreement ‘of/with the Partner.
- Carry out partnership operational activities in line with the partnership system/framework.
- Create awareness, solicit, and lobby for partnership buy-in, internally and externally.
- Analyze market opportunities/trends and business gaps to explore and acquire (sourcing); accolades and new long-term partnership engagements.
- Deals with partnership screening, evaluation, and agreement.
- Identifies awards in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement partnership sourcing channels.
- Institute and implement tools and templates for partnership sourcing, screening, evaluation and agreement; in liaison with the partnership Subject Matter Experts (SMEs);
- Provide support to Subject Matter Experts (SME) on issues about ‘partnership initiation’ (Sourcing, Screening, Evaluation and Agreement), including the aspect of negotiation.
- Liaise with the organization’s legal team to ensure all partnership contracts protect the organization’s interests and comprehensively cover all anticipated risks.
- Review all existing partnership contracts and advise areas for improvement.
- Document all prospecting partnership deals that are in the pipeline and fast-track their closure in line with the underlying SLAs.
- Assess all exceptional partnership requests before submission to the CEO.
- Develop reports on all issues about ‘partnership initiation’ stages in the Bank.
- Manage the partnership system.
- Support any activities about partnership engagements in the unit and organization, where necessary.
- Identify and apply for key categories of accolades the Organization can participate in realizing our strategic objectives.
- Link award’s strategic initiatives with pertinent strategic objectives.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business, Environmental Sciences, or Economics with relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience dealing with partnerships and a strong track record in a similar industry.
- Leadership, Project Planning, Remote Management, Negotiation, Strategic planning and management
- Data analysis, Creativity, Technical writing, Agile Project Management Techniques, Design Thinking and Business Acumen.
- Empathy, Persuasive Verbal, and non-verbal corporate communication skills
- Active listening skills, Team player
- Flexibility and nimbleness, test, and pivot abilities,
- Big picture thinking, Acting as a true extension of their partner’s team.
- Analytical mindset.
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize, Delegation, Proactive and Customer-centric approach (HCD)
- Intercultural skills.