English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about education? Are you computer techie and willing to help students to improve their English proficiency? Does it sound like we’re talking about you….Keep reading!
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
The School of St Jude recruits students from non English speaking communities across Northern parts of Tanzania. All learning happens in the English language, and we strive to make sure every member of our community can communicate independently and confidently at an internationally acceptable standard, our students take on English as a Second Language (ESL) as an extra curiculla subject to enhance their English proficiency.
At the School of St jude, ESL is computer-based, with a pre-defined curriculum and learning is self guided and self paced; and relies on computers 100%.
Who are you
- A professional English Teacher.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently, C1 prefered.
- You have advanced computer skills.
- Energetic and Self-motivated with positive attitude towards challenges.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and able to work independently under minimum supervision.
- You’re passionate working with students.
- Experience teaching Cambridge, British National Curriculum,IB or IPC.
What you’ll do
- Actively support school initiatives that work towards holistic education and the schools Strategic Plan and Mission
- Computer based monitoring and guiding ESL lessons carefully to ensure that each individual student is progressing through their own ESL pathway at a speed matching their full potential
- Establish and communicate clear objectives to each student and ensure that each student is progressing as they should be through the ESL program
- Work hand in hand with the HOD/level coordinator to ensure that the academic and discipline of students is attained at high standards.
- Monitor the progress of each students and intervene with students not progressing as they should be.
- Improve students English and computer skills.
- Prepare and send a half term progress report for each students to HOD.
What we’re looking for
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in English, Linguistics or Literature.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Highly motivated, intergrity, work independently and as a team and produce consistently high-quality results
- Experience working any international school or teaching Cambridge, British National Curricullum, IB or IPC
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
- Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/SP/01/23).
- Applications close on 31st May 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.