Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper and its digital products is looking to recruit highly motivated and experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
CONTENT CREATION EXECUTIVE (1 POST)
This position requires an exceptional bilingual journalist and digital native who is obsessed with using data & insights to generate engaging content and build audiences across multiple platforms. To strategize, plan, produce and edit content for the Mwananchi Scoop as well as manage the content generators. To develop Content for MCL OmniChannels for MCL Platforms.
- Use audience data to refine content strategies for news, features and special projects for mwananchiscoop.co.tz YouTube and social media pages, focusing on mobile-first delivery.
- Develop monthly content calendars (outside events stories) for mwananchiscoop.co.tz ensuring a consistent pipeline of original digital reporting and exclusive web stories.
- Upload & distribute articles (text, visuals & audio) to mwananchiscoop.co.tz and other MCL sites and social media channels, ensuring accurate, timely content delivery for discrete audiences.
- Edit headlines and copy for websites, video & social media platforms utilizing SEO best- practices (use of metadata, tags, keywords, internal linking, and optimized media).
- Champion the use of videos and interactive photography across MCL websites & social media pages, ensuring content is of exceptional, publishable quality.
- Prioritize web coverage to focus on readership (engagement)and impact, giving prominence to content that demonstrates exceptional newsworthiness and clarity.
- Develop and deploy new content formats, including new segments for our existing video platforms (YouTube & Instagram), interactive stories and visualizations.
- Research, cultivate & operationalize new digital distribution platforms for mwananchiscoop. co.tz (e.g. TikTok, Discord), working closely with the ME, Online & New Content.
- Cultivate and effectively manage relationships with various sources and stakeholders to ensure newsmakers talk to Mwananchi Digital first.
- Serve as digital liaison and champion with MCL’s various news desks & content team, helping them learn to deliver news for digital platforms first.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by your head of unit.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelors degree in Journalism/Mass Communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
3-5 years working experience, preferably in a newsroom or media environment in progressively responsible editorial or content production roles.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All Applications should be in PDF format
Women are highly encourage to apply.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.