Position: Field Worker (2 Posts)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: May 30th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Ifakara is seeking qualified and experienced Field Workers. The Field Workers (Entomology technicians) will work closely with scientists, assisting in collecting mosquito data in buses, trains, bus stops, and train stations; sorting mosquitoes and recording these entomological data collected in the Mosquito Mobility Phase II project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all data and samples collected from the experiments are properly recorded and stored.
- Supervise volunteers working within the project(s).
- Maintain all project(s) equipment in good order and in custody.
- Maintain constant liaison with community members in the study area to ensure the smooth running of the project(s) activities.
- Implement quality control procedures and ensure ethical guidelines are met in the running of the project(s).
- Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Form 4 level of education.
- Ability to identify mosquitoes in different taxa.
- Experience in conducting field mosquito larval sampling surveys.
- Knowledge in rearing immature mosquitoes into adults.
Skills and Competencies
- Team working skills.
- Self-motivated and highly focused attitude to work.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills in Swahili and local language.
- Physical fitness.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Tuesday, May 30 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: FIELD WORKER – Mosquito Mobility Phase II. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants from Ifakara Kilombero will be given first priority and consideration.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania