Project Officer (3 Posts) at Good Neighbors May, 2023
Good Neighbors has been working in Kigoma Region for Refugees Response since 2015 in Nyarugusu, Nduta and Mtendeli Refugee Camps. This year 2023, GNTZ in cooperation with KOICA-WFP and World Vision is planning to implement below project.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Project Name KOICA-WFP Support Improved Livelihoods and Relations Between Host and Refugee Communities in Kigoma
Beneficiaries 20,000 farmers and 540 farmers’ organizations and over 208,217 refugees and asylum- seekers.
- OUTCOME 1: Improved food security, resilience, and employment opportunities in Kasulu, Kakonko and Kibondo districts-Kigoma region.
- OUTCOME 2: Improved social cohesion between refugees and host communities through promotion of peace and stability in Kasulu, Kakonko and Kibondo districts in Kigoma region.
- OUTCOME 3: Enhanced gender equality & protection for project beneficiaries.
- OUTCOME 4: Quality project management, coordination and visibility at local, national and international levels.
Project Areas Kasulu, Kibondo and Kakonko Districts in Kigoma Region
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Project Officer (3 Posts)
Reports to: Social Cohesion and Marketing Coordinator
Location: Kasulu, Kakonko and Kibondo Districts in Kigoma Region
Contract Duration: May-December, 2023 (8-month contract with 4-month probation, contract extension is subject to funding availability, employee performance or/and mutual agreement)
Under the overall authority of the Country Director (CD) of Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ), and direct supervision of Social Cohesion and Marketing Coordinator, the Project Officers, will be responsible to implement the KOICA-WFP support improved Livelihood & relations between Host and Refugees communities in Kigoma by improved food security, resilience and employment opportunities, and improve social cohesion between Refugees and Host communities through promotion of peace and stability in Kasulu, Kakonko, and kibondo Districts- Kigoma Region.Read Also:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement creative partnerships and approaches to increase access to markets by smallholders including catalyzing the structuring of buying from farmers.
- Increase access to finance for farmer organizations & SMEs to better support their farmers.
- Conduct trainings for farmers and aggregators in business management, postharvest handling, contracts and negotiations, value addition, pricing storage and use of equipment, and generally how improve the quality of produce from farm to market.
- Creating best practices for improving farming to the beneficiaries, linkages to productive value chains and markets and addressing issues leading to post-harvest loss.
- Maintain good working relationships with partners and stakeholders and participate effectively in all relevant coordination meetings.
- Timely identification of challenges, gaps and the development of solutions for the project.
- Arrange meetings and workshops to promote the aggregators among higher level buyers and smallholder farmers, facilitate the negotiation of the terms of contract, monitor the fulfilment of the contracts, and advocate on behalf of aggregators/farmer organizations.
- Manage facilitation and development of market research and gap analysis through market assessment and research, empowering AMCOS and farmer groups.
- Communicate regularly with the leadership of existing farmer groups in order to support their activities, provide additional support, and track key metrics.
- Support the improvement of smallholder market access by identifying and recommending aggregators, identifying, and supporting farmer groups with timely feedback and advice on how to improve their business.
- Strengthening the operations of AMCOS through building their financial management, improving the technical knowledge.
- Collaborate with Agritech partner in operationalizing digital platform in the Farmers Service Centers/AMCOS and Train farmers on using and updating data on the online/digital platform.
- Establishing early warning and participatory mechanism for host and refugee’s communities.
- Working on peace building with members of both refuges and host communities to ensure stability, economic growth and prosperity.
- Ensure sufficient resources are mobilized (E.g. Financial/ Develop and manage project budgets, people, data, and information) to deliver results.
- Developing in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e., timeframes, and outcomes and develop an annual workplan that is broken down into quarters and weeks in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Attend and participate in all trainings set forth by GNTZ management.
- Required to achieve not less than 90% of individual and team’s annual targets.
- Any other related work as may be assigned
Read Also:Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor degree in Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Agricultural Education and Extension, Agronomy, Project Management, Community Development or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian/development context preferably.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in similar field.
- In-depth knowledge of best farming practices, agriculture, productive value chains and related areas.
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, Co-operatives, communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience in volatile and complex situations.
- Prior experience of living and working in Kigoma is preferable
- Experience in working with NGO
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making
- Strong leadership, operation and management skills
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
- Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in limited time period.
- Flexible and adaptability to transitions.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
- Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Perform other duties as may be required.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 10th May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees.
All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation
during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.